nwifi.sys Driver failure

mtwest

Curious if anyone else is having any problems with Windows crashing due to a bizarre WiFi driver failure. Finally gave in to the latest Windows update that has been bugging me for the past week. I want to shut off my wifi connection on my laptop and use my new ethernet dongle for some quick downloads, but when clicking on the icon in the button in the bottom right, I get a Blue Screen and then restart.

• Late 2016 Razer Blade with stock Windows 10
  • Latest updates to Windows as of 08/15/17
  • Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR... (my phone camera skills are pretty sad, and therefore missed the rest of the error)
  • What failed: nwifi.sys

Cheers

3 hours ago, mtwest said:

Curious if anyone else is having any problems with Windows crashing due to a bizarre WiFi driver failure. Finally gave in to the latest Windows update that has been bugging me for the past week. I want to shut off my wifi connection on my laptop and use my new ethernet dongle for some quick downloads, but when clicking on the icon in the button in the bottom right, I get a Blue Screen and then restart.

• Late 2016 Razer Blade with stock Windows 10
  • Latest updates to Windows as of 08/15/17
  • Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR... (my phone camera skills are pretty sad, and therefore missed the rest of the error)
  • What failed: nwifi.sys

Cheers

Get a program called blue screen view, it will allow you to see the rest of the error and may give you a more in-depth error message. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I have a Razer blade pro as well, and I got the exact same problem, also when I try clicking the network icon.

Did you figure out how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, fixitnow said:

Get a program called blue screen view, it will allow you to see the rest of the error and may give you a more in-depth error message. 

https://pastebin.com/j2yvUHXH

this is the result from the BSOD view of my problem, exact same like described by the author of this thread.

I also made a thread about it here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/9b3a01f4-cbb4-4369-97d6-4f649167da70/nwifisys-error-driverirqlnotlessorequal-bsod-in-windows-10?forum=win10itprogeneral#9b3a01f4-cbb4-4369-97d6-4f649167da70

Edited by Jonathan88

I think I figured it out.

Delete Killersuite from your computer, that seems like it is useless, and it seems like it is the cause of the problem!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 6:40 PM, Jonathan88 said:

I think I figured it out.

Delete Killersuite from your computer, that seems like it is useless, and it seems like it is the cause of the problem!

Huh. I don't think I ever had that software to begin with. My problem started when trying to set up new Juiced Systems hub's ethernet connection. I believe drivers got all crosswise and thing fell over. Power cycle or two without the hub and things seem to be OK. Well at least from the wireless perspective.