Vlogging cam

So I'm not going to vlog persay but idk what to call it.

I'm looking for a camera that has 

• Small form factor, GoPro size
  • 1080p 60fps
  • Can charge while recording with cabel
  • Has clip/car mounts(please link too)
  • Can have external mic or has a good enough built in mic.

As for price i don't want to spend a ton so if it's more than a gopro it's a no go.

Under 200 please

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

tbh, you're not going to find anything brilliant for that price point

I'd suggest using a phone (provided it has a decent camera), with something like a Rode VideoMic Me

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

tbh, you're not going to find anything brilliant for that price point

I'd suggest using a phone (provided it has a decent camera), with something like a Rode VideoMic Me

No.

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

Just now, Clockwork_princess said:

No.

wat

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

wat

Can't have my phone mounted in my car 24/7. And alot more hassle then clickjng a record button. With software updated and just annoying shit phones do.

It will be a dashcam when not being used to record videos 

Spoiler

I don't know if this is good quality and it probably does not meet all of your criteria, but it does 1080p 60fps for $40 and has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightdow-Sports-Action-Camera-Bundle/dp/B01I3B1ZPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503013997&sr=8-1&keywords=Lightdow+LD-V3

(has LTT affiliate link)

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

2 minutes ago, adams said:

I don't know if this is good quality, but it does 1080p 60fps for $40 and has good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightdow-Sports-Action-Camera-Bundle/dp/B01I3B1ZPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503013997&sr=8-1&keywords=Lightdow+LD-V3

(has LTT affiliate link)

Lol I say 200 and you give me a $40 one.

I'm looking at the YI but it has no mic accessories and people say the built in mic is bad

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

Lol I say 200 and you give me a $40 one.

I'm looking at the YI but it has no mic accessories and people say the built in mic is bad

It's always good to have money to spare!

PSU Tier List

Linus Memes

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

14 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

So I'm not going to vlog persay but idk what to call it.

I'm looking for a camera that has 

• Small form factor, GoPro size
  • 1080p 60fps
  • Can charge while recording with cabel
  • Has clip/car mounts(please link too)
  • Can have external mic or has a good enough built in mic.

As for price i don't want to spend a ton so if it's more than a gopro it's a no go.

Under 200 please

Canon Powershot ELPH 350 HS for $204 or this Sony camera for $200. Also, if you have flagship Android or iPhone, those are good vlogging cameras already since they record ether 4K 30 fps or 1080p 60 fps. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

PSU Tier List

Linus Memes

Spoiler

Join the LTT F@H Team!

10 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Canon Powershot ELPH 350 HS for $204 or this Sony camera for $200. Also, if you have flagship Android or iPhone, those are good vlogging cameras already since they record ether 4K 30 fps or 1080p 60 fps. 

I don't know if that will work. It's going to be mounted in my car so that's why I wanted a small square or "action camera"

Spoiler

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

42 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

i agree, but OP should just invest in a dashcam and separate vlogging camera.

That's easily over $300 and I'll be spending that in just the cam plus mounts and SD cards.

The vlogging camera won't be leaving my car so I don't see the point in having a vlog Cam and dash cam both permanently mounted in my car. I can. Just get a mount that can swivle 360 or 180 degrees. 

And then if I ever need to hand hold it I can.

Spoiler

Probably getting the yi 4k and if I need a mic I'll buy a separate auido recorder. 

Spoiler

Rip, I might just get a gopro hero 5. It's only like $30 more after I get the yi with needed attachments. 

Might as well save up like ,$500 to get the GoPro and attachments instead 

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

Rip, I might just get a gopro hero 5. It's only like $30 more after I get the yi with needed attachments. 

Might as well save up like ,$500 to get the GoPro and attachments instead 

It is almost always better to wait a bit more and save up for quality equipment or what you actually really need instead of cutting corners. You will just end up spending more money in the long run when you realise the cheaper things really doesn't cut it. Then you just wasted a bunch of money on the "cheap" alternetive. 

This concept works with everything not just camera gear. I'm really into outdoor stuff and you only buy bad stuff once, belive me. Things like sitting 20km from nearest civilisation and realising your rainjacket really isn't that good because you cheaped out on it makes you really think before you buy in the future. There is a reason people buy the so damn expensive brand clothes/gear. In the outdoor world those brands would be Mammut, Black Diamond, The North Face, Arcteryx and so on, in the action camera world its the GoPro's and the expensive attatchements for them. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

19 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

It is almost always better to wait a bit more and save up for quality equipment or what you actually really need instead of cutting corners. You will just end up spending more money in the long run when you realise the cheaper things really doesn't cut it. Then you just wasted a bunch of money on the "cheap" alternetive. 

This concept works with everything not just camera gear. I'm really into outdoor stuff and you only buy bad stuff once, belive me. Things like sitting 20km from nearest civilisation and realising your rainjacket really isn't that good because you cheaped out on it makes you really think before you buy in the future. There is a reason people buy the so damn expensive brand clothes/gear. In the outdoor world those brands would be Mammut, Black Diamond, The North Face, Arcteryx and so on, in the action camera world its the GoPro's and the expensive attatchements for them. 

Another this was I won't be using it daily and sometimes will only be used let's say 3 times a month. That's the main reason I don't want to spend $500 plus.

But if I can afford it then it should be fine. Who knows maybe because I have it I'll do more stuff I can record.

Spoiler