Aftermarket Router Not Working

Hi guys,

I am currently living in the UK and i'm currently with Sky Broadband using old ADSL broadband. Due to poor connection and slower speeds we decided that we needed to replace the router.

So I recently bought a new router (TP-Link Archer D50) but after plugging the thing in, it hasn't worked. I know that you need to configure it with the same username and password as the original router, but I have either been unable to find the correct information for it, or i'm inputting it wrong. I tried to find the password using Wireshark, but i couldn't find it in the Order 61 threads. I tried plugging the info from a calculator into the router, but it isn't allowing me to connect to the internet still. The TP-Link settings service keeps telling me to manually set the DNS server, but i've tried everything and it hasn't worked.
I know that Sky Broadband are a pain when it comes to using your own hardware but we really need the router to be changed.

If anyone has any experience replacing the Sky Netgear V2 router, I would appreciate any help you can give me!

Can't you call up Sky and ask them for your details? Or check your email account, I'm sure they've sent it via email.. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Can't you call up Sky and ask them for your details? Or check your email account, I'm sure they've sent it via email.. 

I can call them, but they're notorious for not wanting people to use their own hardware. So they're not likely to give it to me

Just now, BatchTheBrit said:

I've gone through all that, i'll call TP-LINK tomorrow if I can't get the information from sky

Yah, see if Sky will give you anything first and hopefully that gets you on the right track :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Yah, see if Sky will give you anything first and hopefully that gets you on the right track :) 

I hope so, but unfortunately Sky are a bit of a pain when it comes to that sort of thing

Have a look on here http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Using-a-Netgear-Router/td-p/2300182

Yes it's for netgear router, but seeing as you pretty much just need the settings it might be helpful.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini