What does B-die mean?

'B'represents the level?A>B>C>D...?So the B level is good, right?

b-die.jpg

B-die had a overall score of 80-90. Poor guy's GPA fell and he was never heard from again. 

Image result for asian dad meme

Edit: Forgot to post on the topic!

B-die refers to a manufactured component by Samsung or Hynix(fact check on this one), their supposedly the best dies you can get, but, as with everything, it depends on the overall product.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

It's just a type of RAM produced by Samsung that happens to play nicely with Ryzen processors at high clock speeds. If you don't have Ryzen, B-Die vs E-Die vs Hynix doesn't really matter to you. If you are rocking a Ryzen CPU and you want to reliably get your RAM to 3200 MHz, there are two sure-fire ways to get B-Die:

• 3200MHz RAM kits with a CL of 14 are all but guaranteed to be Samsung B-Die
  • Any RAM kit rated higher than 3200MHz is guaranteed B-Die, as (as of a couple months ago, anyway) no other memory OEM clocks their RAM that high.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

It's just a type of RAM produced by Samsung that happens to play nicely with Ryzen processors at high clock speeds. If you don't have Ryzen, B-Die vs E-Die vs Hynix doesn't really matter to you. If you are rocking a Ryzen CPU and you want to reliably get your RAM to 3200 MHz, there are two sure-fire ways to get B-Die:

• 3200MHz RAM kits with a CL of 14 are all but guaranteed to be Samsung B-Die
  • Any RAM kit rated higher than 3200MHz is guaranteed B-Die, as (as of a couple months ago, anyway) no other memory OEM clocks their RAM that high.

I bought the 1950x. Thank you for telling me that. I think I already know which one is I need.

B-Die is Samsungs description for ICs with 8GB.

E-Die is Samsungs description for ICs with 4GB.

thats all.

So: 

having 16GB (2x8GB) with B-Die means you have 2 Sticks with a Single 8GB IC on it (Single Rank)

having 16GB (2x8GB) with E-Die means you have 2 Sticks with two 4GB IC's each (Dual Rank)

What usually is called E-die are Samsung 4Gbit E-Die aka K4A4G085WE and B-Die are actually Samsung 8Gbit B-Die aka K4A8G085WB. Apart from the different memory density between those two parts, in general each IC has it's very own scaling characteristics. The popularity of Samsung 8Gbit B-Die comes from its ability to scale to high memory frequencies with decent timings at moderate voltage and also allowing tighter timings with additional voltage (for benchmarking). 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

• 2 years later...

This thread comes up in the top results when doing a web search, so it would be nice if someone could update it.

The links in DarkSmith2's comment are not working, and "IC" hasn't been defined.

I found this link/list https://www.overclock.net/forum/18051-memory/1627555-ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread.html which seems to say that B-Die > Hynix A/M-Die > D/E/S-Die. And Dual Rank is a primary factor to look for. But the store pages don't contain any of that info. IE: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820231977

That list is also incomplete. For example, it does not contain F4-3200C16D-16GVRB.

I see this "b-die finder" site https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/ but it doesn't say why we would want b-die.

IC stands for integrated circuit.

B-Die typically scales best on voltage and overclocking typically shines best on Intel platforms.