Cluster gaming rig or the best ultimate international rig

luckydu43
Go to solution Solved by luckydu43,

Update !

The asker talk to me about AsterV7. It's the best solution for him.

In fact, it can allocate one screen, one mouse, one keyboard to 2, 3 or even more users under the same machine. Which can have only one graphics card o___O

The limitations came from CPU raw power and GPU raw power. Perhaps VRAM size.

Thanks for your answers anyway :-D

Hi gays

An asker at commentcamarche.net ask me about link 7 high-end gaming rigs together to obtain a monstruous rig. To share the power between 32 users (10 gamers and 22 office users).

His has got 7 "I7-7700k @ 5GHz  under personalize watercool (1 extern pump + a 3*120 radiator), GTX 1080Ti with +20% overclock under the same watercool as the CPU, 64Go of DDR4 2400, Air Cooling  (4*120+2*140+1*360+1*60), powered by 1000W platinium"

Woaoh. What an ask.

I tell him to sell all his stuff and get an EPYC server rig to get the 102 pcie lines required.

What will be your ask ? Is it possible to combined 7 pcs on gaming usage ? It is not limited to transactional tasks by building a cluster server ?

Link to the forum (translated by SYSTRANet) : http://www.systranet.com/turl/?systrangui=www.systran.fr%3B/snetcom/web&systranbanner=1&systranuid=aHR0cC13d3cuY29tbWVudGNhbWFyY2hlLm5ldC9mb3J1bS9hZmZpY2gtMzQ3ODg1NjEtcGMtYmktY2FydGUtbWVyZS9mcl9lbg==#p34789803

Thanks for your answers ^^

Thanks for reply ^^

The problem is not about the rig itself.

It's about to link some rigs together (the choice of i7-7700k instead of ThreadRipper is not mine --') or to virtualize 32 pc (for 32 users) like Linus make here... but a way more bigger :-D

One of these proposals is just possible ? Must I have to say that gay that his project is unrealizable ?!

why dont you just virtualize the gamers PCs and use thin clients for the office workers

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

4 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

why dont you just virtualize the gamers PCs and use thin clients for the office workers

Why not just get 7 1k gaming Pc's and 22 chromebooks

My life

@ITheSpazI @Himommies : Is it the best option.

It is not the option that he will, there is the whole problem.

It's because " For my current config, I have 6 boxes that even in play and thoroughly exploit only 50% max of the CG and 20% max of CM, so I would like to make it a super machine in order to own 10 sessions intended for Gaming as well as 22 intended for office automation"

So I tried to find a solution that fits in his demands

EDIT : Here is the post translated by Google (I think it's even better) : https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.commentcamarche.net%2Fforum%2Faffich-34788561-pc-bi-carte-mere%23p34789803

Edited by luckydu43
Add link

I can't understand your english very well, but using one computer to run multiple gaming vm's is never practical or cost effective.

Sorry ;-) I think you guessed I'm French.

Ok, it's all I wanted to know.

I will give him the link of this topic so he may have a different opinion of mine.

If he try to build the rig... the cost... I can't imagine :-D

Update !

The asker talk to me about AsterV7. It's the best solution for him.

In fact, it can allocate one screen, one mouse, one keyboard to 2, 3 or even more users under the same machine. Which can have only one graphics card o___O

The limitations came from CPU raw power and GPU raw power. Perhaps VRAM size.

Thanks for your answers anyway :-D