asus rog strix gl702zc

so the asus rog strix gl702zc is almost getting released, I think at pax west but what do you think is it worth getting probably a $2000 laptop with Rx 580 and ryzen 7. I am a little bit concerned about its power efficiency cause that's a lot of wattages and I'm not sure if it will switch to power efficiency mode and downclock GPU on the go since it doesn't have an embedded GPU. i would personally probably buy if its at a price point of a 1050ti laptop but 2000 is too much especially when it runs Rx 580  if it had a 1080 or 1070 then something but you would expect a high-performance laptop have an equally powerful and efficient GPU.

i don't know cause 8core laptop is very pleasing as a workstation laptop but a 4gb rx80?  any comments?

my opinion on the laptop is that you should just upgrade your pc / build ltx and buy a ultrabook.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, ACEHACK said:

Rx 580

That's like 500 by itself 

My life

46 minutes ago, themctipers said:

my opinion on the laptop is that you should just upgrade your pc / build ltx and buy a ultrabook.

yeah i was thinking about that but any decent ultrabook is atleast 1k and building a r7 pc is 2k by itself and right now its a budget issue 

1 minute ago, ACEHACK said:

yeah i was thinking about that but any decent ultrabook is atleast 1k and building a r7 pc is 2k by itself and right now its a budget issue 

i bought a asus ultrabook for $900 CAD, so like $750 :P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

i bought a asus ultrabook for $900 CAD, so like $750 :P 

i think its better to just wait until pax west to see if there are other laptops getting released after all its just in 2 weeks 

Just now, ACEHACK said:

i think its better to just wait until pax west to see if there are other laptops getting released after all its just in 2 weeks 

true, im returning this

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.