AD900X good for gaming?

FineVisionz

Looking for a new gaming headphones. I am currently using the SHP9500s and looking into trying something else.

1 minute ago, FineVisionz said:

Looking for a new gaming headphones. I am currently using the SHP9500s and looking into trying something else.

Good headphones for music tend to be good for games. They're just missing the surround features, but you can emulate those in a program like Razer Surround.

11 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Good headphones for music tend to be good for games. They're just missing the surround features, but you can emulate those in a program like Razer Surround.

Surround is shit, that doesn’t do anything that’s just a marketing gimmick. The 900Xs aren’t the best gaming headphones, but they will do a good job.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Surround is shit, that doesn’t do anything that’s just a marketing gimmick. The 900Xs aren’t the best gaming headphones, but they will do a good job.

Got any other good recommendations around $150 USD?

On 8/7/2017 at 1:53 AM, Max_Settings said:

It's not a gimmick. VSS can sound much more three-dimensional and ambient/atmospheric than stereo, which depends a lot on the processor you use (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Headphone, Razer Surround, Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine, SBX Pro Studio, etc.), the headphones you use, and the game you play. They might not interplay well, at all.

I haven't heard a headphone -- not even HD800 or K1000 -- that diminishes the feeling of loud and hard-panned sounds being very intimate, dominate and intense in either ear when you don't face them. Like, when tanks and trains drive close to you, helicopters and jets fly close to you, buildings burning or collapse close to you, or even a radio playing nearby you.

38 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

Got any other good recommendations around $150 USD?

Did you miss Sennheiser HD598 (SE, SR)?

1 hour ago, Tacanacy said:

Did you miss Sennheiser HD598 (SE, SR)?

What do you mean by "miss"?

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

The difference is real. I was surprised when I heard it in a game that I didn't even think utilized it.

50 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

What do you mean by "miss"?

You're asking for alternatives, aren't you? HD598 is one of the most popular headphones for gaming if not the most popular one.

1 hour ago, Tacanacy said:

You're asking for alternatives, aren't you? HD598 is one of the most popular headphones for gaming if not the most popular one.

The open backed HD598 are over my budget.

Just now, FineVisionz said:

The open backed HD598 are over my budget.

HD558, then.

Around $100, HD558 is also a good choice, a small mod will help turn it into HD598..

Agree with @Tacanacy

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.