Pubg looks like 30hz at 4k

Trail Mixorz

So i've been playing PUBG with my 780ti on 1440p on my 4k monitor and today I decided I want to try 4k just to see what its like, even with bad fps. My problem comes when I switch to 4k in the options at the main menu. As soon as it switches, it looks like my mouse is moving at 30hz, even though my fps counter is reading 60+. Now I haven't tested this in game yet, but i figure since it doesn't even work at the main menu it wouldn't work in the game. Any help?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

You wouldn't happen to be using HDMI 1.4 or lower would you?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

You wouldn't happen to be using HDMI 1.4 or lower would you?

Display port 1.2 sorry should've mentioned that

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Just now, Trail Mixorz said:

Display port 1.2 sorry should've mentioned that

oh, hm, that shouldn't be an issue then...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

TEMPORARY FIX: I started running in fullscreen windowed (borderless) and it works pretty good. Does anyone know why this happens?

2 hours ago, Trail Mixorz said:

TEMPORARY FIX: I started running in fullscreen windowed (borderless) and it works pretty good. Does anyone know why this happens?

MIght be worth checking the Nvidia control panel program settings, you may have an override with something like V-sync that only works in fullscreen mode. 

I've also had an issue with steam overlay causing reduced frames after tabbing out or opening the overlay in-game.

While likely not the culprit, it may be worth checking if nothing else is working.