Pokemon Go disaster, results in class action lawsuit

NumLock21

Amount of people saying that it's stupid is depressing me. It's a hobby and not a harmful one. Why do you care? They just want to play a game. 

I don't understand people watching sports and fight fisting with other fans over which team is superior. 

Is it that hard to understand that they paid for hotels, travel and food? They have the right to be pretty pretty mad. No matter what they wanted to do and how spend their time. 

For the record. Pokemon Go is pretty bad. Ingress is way better. 

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

8 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Stupid event for stupid people. Disaster ensues.

The only good it did was amuse people like me.

'It's something I don't like and wouldn't do, I don't understand it, thus it is stupid, I find joy in the misery of people who have had their day ruined by this' 

Great views you and your upvoter have. Just fucking fantastic. 

I am hostile about this but I find it justified, do you know how shortsighted your comment was? 

I don't get why everyone thinks it's ok just becuse it's a game they don't like. Take out Pokemon go for a sec and just have it be an "event". These people traveled on their dime to get to the event to participate in it. When they got there the even turned out to be a shit show due to poor management. Just getting the ingame content and a ticket refund isn't quite enough. If it was a music concert would people be happy if they showed up and it turns out someone thought they could power the stage via a 110v outlet and their compensation was a digital album with special cover art and a ticket refund?

It also seems like this event was done by Niantic as there CEO was there at the event apologizing to attendees. They knew how many tickets had been sold. They knew how many people were likely going to be attending. They should have set up dedicated infrastructure to handle their event. Instead they did nothing and seemed surprised when everything died.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

7 minutes ago, Bensemus said:

I don't get why everyone thinks it's ok just becuse it's a game they don't like. Take out Pokemon go for a sec and just have it be an "event". These people traveled on their dime to get to the event to participate in it. When they got there the even turned out to be a shit show due to poor management. Just getting the ingame content and a ticket refund isn't quite enough. If it was a music concert would people be happy if they showed up and it turns out someone thought they could power the stage via a 110v outlet and their compensation was a digital album with special cover art and a ticket refund?

It also seems like this event was done by Niantic as there CEO was there at the event apologizing to attendees. They knew how many tickets had been sold. They knew how many people were likely going to be attending. They should have set up dedicated infrastructure to handle their event. Instead they did nothing and seemed surprised when everything died.

How do you know they did nothing?

They did contact the cellular providers beforehand. All of them said their networks could handle the traffic just fine. And it turned out to be not the case.

Again, it wasn't Niantic 's server, but the cellular providers screwed the whole thing up.

I'm leaning towards Niantic. They apologized and issued refunds.

What's a class action lawsuit going to do?  Get everyone a check for 75 cents while lawyers rake in a few million?

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Class action over network congestion...enough of these dumb frivolous lawsuits. Jesus Christ.