CPU cooler issue

eightiethraptor
Go to solution Solved by Akolyte,

Get a 600w power supply, don't get a velociraptor, get an SSD and a some 2TB drives in raid, or just 1 3TB drive.  But about the cooler, I would go for the Noctua NH-U12S, so, if you get a 650w power supply, and a 3TB HDD instead of a velociraptor.  You might be able to get a 780ti! :D but I would defiantly go for the Noctua NH-u12s.  

Would highly advise against that Velociraptor since you are already getting an SSD.

Also that power supply is way overkill unless you plan on going SLI in the near future.

Hmm, I would ditch the Define Mini for a Bitfenix Prodigy or Bitfenix Phenom and go for a Corsair H100i.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Would highly advise against that Velociraptor since you are already getting an SSD.

Also that power supply is way overkill unless you plan on going SLI in the near future.

only using it for storage, ive got it from a previous build as well as the power supply

corsair H100i, H110

kraken X60

Termaltake Water 2.0, 3.0

Noctua NHD-14 

Hyper 212 

any anything you can find...

but i only recomend the ones that i listed 

corsair H100i, H110

kraken X60

Termaltake Water 2.0, 3.0

Noctua NHD-14 

Hyper 212 

any anything you can find...

but i only recomend the ones that i listed 

the nh-d14 would fit? o.0 ive got a phanteks ph-tc14pe lying around but i doubt that monster would go in lol

the nhd-14 would fit? o.0 ive got a phanteks ph-tc14pe lying around but i doubt that monster would go in lol

sorry i thought it was the define R4

i just gave a quick look 

sorry

let me edit

get a Define R4 and you can have much more room and options

sorry i thought it was the define R4

i just gave a quick look 

sorry

let me edit

get a Define R4 and you can have much more room and options

trying to keep the case in a smaller form factor, my bitfenix colossus takes up too much room

Man, why do you people have to use so much links? Cpu, ram, mobo and case would have done same since those are ones that limit cooler size options.

Anyway, unless you are willing to go with low profile ram, get either AIO or slim air cooler. 212 and NH-U12S should be ok for the job. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Get a 600w power supply, don't get a velociraptor, get an SSD and a some 2TB drives in raid, or just 1 3TB drive.  But about the cooler, I would go for the Noctua NH-U12S, so, if you get a 650w power supply, and a 3TB HDD instead of a velociraptor.  You might be able to get a 780ti! :D but I would defiantly go for the Noctua NH-u12s.  

thanks guys :lol: NH-U12S it is, i know the power supply and velociraptor arent what i SHOULD get but i already got them from a previous build so figure i would save cash and just use em instead of collecting dust lol  ;)