1080ti ot 1080

orestes

hi, i need some advise if i should buy a 1080ti or 1080. i'm just a casual gamer. i'm playing moba games, playerunknown, cod, cs go, etc.

Intel Iris Pro graphics is faster than 90% of discrete GPUs

AMD A10 and A12 series APUs are built with e-sports at heart

you don't need no GTX to play those things

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

what is the rest of your pc setup? and resolution, fps and desired settings?

all i can say in my set up is my rig is 5 years already except for my graphic cards which is gtx 970. my resolution afaik is 1920x1080.

all i want is to play without dropping my fps, lag, etc.

1 hour ago, orestes said:

all i can say in my set up is my rig is 5 years already except for my graphic cards which is gtx 970. my resolution afaik is 1920x1080.

all i want is to play without dropping my fps, lag, etc.

do you know the specs? search system information and post some pics of it 

2 hours ago, Technicolors said:

do you know the specs? search system information and post some pics of it 

motherboard: asrock fatality p67
psu:cm silent pro m700
processor: i5-2500 sandry bridge
memory: G.Skill ripjaws series 8gb (2x4gb)

4 hours ago, orestes said:

my resolution afaik is 1920x1080.

4 minutes ago, orestes said:

processor: i5-2500 sandry bridge

You should not get 1080 or 1080ti.

You need much better CPU and better monitor if you want to fully utilise either of those two cards in the title.

Consider upgrading your platform and monitor before you dive into high end graphics cards.

1 hour ago, StormEye said:

You should not get 1080 or 1080ti.

You need much better CPU and better monitor if you want to fully utilise either of those two cards in the title.

Consider upgrading your platform and monitor before you dive into high end graphics cards.

which means i'm gonna replace my motherboard, processor, memory and maybe add ssd too, am i right?

6 minutes ago, orestes said:

which means i'm gonna replace my motherboard, processor, memory and maybe add ssd too, am i right?

Unfortunately, yes.

Maybe get a 4K screen first along with a new graphics card. That way any graphics card will be working really hard to keep up qith such high reaolution and your CPU will be less stressed.

Sooner or later, you should get 4K screen anyway, as thats gonna be new standard resolution. And monitor is something you can keep for very long time if you take care of it.

You can still play some decent titles with a 970 if you're only shooting for 1080p.

The suggestions by some of the other posters are correct: upgrading only your card to one of those two options is not a proportionate upgrade considering the rest of your system.

You can probably pick up a Z170 board and a 6700K for decent right now. That'll put you into 4k-ready territory for at least the next 4 years. Add an NVMe drive in there and then tell us what you have left budgetwise for a card.

is expensive motherboard necessary? i like the asrock z270 super carrier. cause on my 5 years exp on my board it doesn't gave me any problem at all.

is 144 hz monitor good enough already?

39 minutes ago, orestes said:

is expensive motherboard necessary? i like the asrock z270 super carrier. cause on my 5 years exp on my board it doesn't gave me any problem at all.

is 144 hz monitor good enough already?

No, that's a bit overkill. Do you overclock? If not B250 is enough for you. 

Btw, overclock 7700k gains you ~500 mhz in most cases ~only 11% increase but for that, you need a z270 motherboard and a beefy cooler and a lot of time to test stability. 

And 144 hz monitor is good.

no. i just want to have to a quality motherboard which gonna last like the last one for 5 years. my motherboard right now i bought it for $120