Foxtel now streaming service wont run on Gnome

Hi,

So I'm having issues with my Foxtel now when I try and run it on Gnome. I continuously get an error stating that my chrome browser is not up to date and that it needs to be udated. However it runs the same version of chrome as my windows pc which works fine. (red and black theme is my usual browser other is Gnome I run on a VM so I can play with it without using the pc that runs it

If anyone has a suggestion as to why it doesn't work and how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance - Ramke

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

Probably uses WidevineCDM (Content decryption module), which isn't supported on Linux. 

Check for it in chrome://components

idk

Running this in a virtual machine? DRM content is not always available on linux which is why I have an apple TV. Foxtel Now website only lists windows and mac.

The best place to look as always is on the company's website:

https://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/Foxtel-Play/Foxtel-Now-works-on-Linux/td-p/204582

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

17 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Running this in a virtual machine?

I have both a pc running Gnome and a vm, neither work. 

39 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Probably uses WidevineCDM (Content decryption module),

I did check for it and it isnt there... 

I'm going to try the work around listed on the foxtel site and see how it goes

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

If you're using Google Chrome and not Chromium, Widevine shouldn't be the problem, which is actually available on Linux for Chrome and Firefox (check Play DRM content in the preferences for Firefox).

It's possible that they are blocking you based on your user agent string. They may have assumed that because your user agent wasn't the same as something they recognize, you must be using an older version of Chrome even though it isn't true. Try a user agent switcher and set your user agent to Chrome on Windows.