How many of you is guilty of "I know this is way too overkill for me but I got it anyway" syndrome?

mrchow19910319

How many of you is guilty of "I know this is way too overkill for me but I got it anyway" syndrome?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest here guys XD

• Yup. Totally me.
    • Nope. I ONLY buy what suits me.

4 minutes ago, Tiz said:

I set a budget and stick to it. Sometimes I over spend but the next few months I hold myself back. :/

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I was the opposite. I had a i7-4770 and I regret getting it. Cos it was overkill for me. I wish I had a core i5 and a more powerful GPU. 

A few months ago I sold everything and surprisingly the i7 hold up its value really great. I sold it at its 68% price point which means I was using it for 5 years and it cost me only 32% of its price. xD Great deal! 

Nice!  The i7 4790K is retailing for £300+ :( But seeing that I can get Ryzen 1500 with a motherboard and ram for an extra £50. It's worth upgrading. :D  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Nice!  The i7 4790K is retailing for £300+ :( But seeing that I can get Ryzen 1500 with a motherboard and ram for an extra £50. It's worth upgrading. :D  

I think ryzen is good. I 'm not really familiar with it. Check it with others. I think most of the people here at this forum can help you with it. 

10 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I think ryzen is good. I 'm not really familiar with it. Check it with others. I think most of the people here at this forum can help you with it. 

I do plan on getting the R5 1600 CPU with a B350 motherboard and 16gb ram. :) And I might get an SSD as well. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I'm surprised so many people around here just go ahead and say "hell yeah, I buy things I don't need and I like it". I mean, fuck yeah! One thing I hate is these kind of people that you CLEARLY see they are buying waaay overkill things for their use case but then they make up some ridiculous excuse.

In audiophile equipment this is a horrible plague, friends of mine buying 2500$ headphones saying they notice the difference but they won't let you do a blind test... HA!

Makes me want say to them "What are you, 5 years old? You don't need to make up excuses to buy expensive shit man! Just be honest and enjoy whatever you buy!"

So yeah, I'm proud of you LTT people :')

9 minutes ago, Tiz said:

In audiophile equipment this is a horrible plague, friends of mine buying 2500$ headphones saying they notice the difference but they won't let you do a blind test... HA!

Looks like somebody got some growing up to do. 

17 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

-snip

I do game on it, mostly on weekends.

I do usually have like 50 chrome tabs open though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs