Unable to move .torrent file to trash in macOS.

Go to solution Solved by TristanK,

Go in torrent client and stop all torrents...not just pause...stop them. Than restart your pc or just log off and login again and try to delete than. If that doesn't work right click on the torrent you want to delete in your client and select delete torrent with all associated files. After you did that close the client and try to delete that file again. And which client are you using anyway? Bittorrent, uTorrent, Deluge..or something else. I recommend Deluge. I noticed it somehow uses more bandwidth somehow and as a result downloading is a but faster.

I am using the latest version of macOS sierra. 

And this afternoon I was downloading some torrent files, move them in and out of the trash frequently. 

Then there is one .torrent file I was unable to delete after I put it on my desktop. 

Here is the error message. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks in advance. 

596b5df04ed7e_ScreenShot2017-07-16at20_15_36.png.1ead1ebb731ba5e1a3c7d64267e1b64b.png

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Is your torrent client still on? Has it been loaded into your torrent client/file in use? Otherwise, get windows.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Is your torrent client still on? Has it been loaded into your torrent client/file in use? Otherwise, get windows.

I just closed the torrent client. 

Still cant be moved to trash. 

And please no more get a windows reply...

You can still use curtains in front of your windows... So why the buthurt?

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

You can still use curtains in front of your windows... So why the buthurt?

wat?

Just wanted to incorporate the word "windows" into an reply.

Go in torrent client and stop all torrents...not just pause...stop them. Than restart your pc or just log off and login again and try to delete than. If that doesn't work right click on the torrent you want to delete in your client and select delete torrent with all associated files. After you did that close the client and try to delete that file again. And which client are you using anyway? Bittorrent, uTorrent, Deluge..or something else. I recommend Deluge. I noticed it somehow uses more bandwidth somehow and as a result downloading is a but faster.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

5 minutes ago, TristanK said:

Hey I restarted my laptop and it works fine now. Deleted the file completely. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Hey I restarted my laptop and it works fine now. Deleted the file completely. Thanks! 

I m glad I could help :)

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850