case fans postion

sergamer

is it a good idea to have my case fans to only take out the air from the inside to out instead of pulling air from ambient air?

doesn't matter as long as there's airflow. however, this will bring in lots of dust. the easiest way to mitigate dust is to have positive pressure (more intakes than exhausts) and have a filter on each intake.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

8 minutes ago, sergamer said:

is it a good idea to have my case fans to only take out the air from the inside to out instead of pulling air from ambient air?

Not really, you need a balance, some should be intakes, preferably the front and bottom and some as exhausts preferably the back and top.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

What case is it?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Simplest way is to have two in the front pulling air, with one in the back drawing it out for a dust proof, positive pressure setup.

On 19.7.2017 at 7:05 AM, sergamer said:

Default positions are optimal. Best scenario is to have same amount of air going out thats coming in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv