FE GTX1070 Reaching 82C Playing The Division!

Go to solution Solved by SuedeMonkey,
5 hours ago, Simon771 said:

Well it's FE card with blower style cooler ... so nothing surprising that it reaches that temp.

But 82°C is still fine ... it won't harm your PC, it will only cause throttling ---> underperforming.

Yes you can get some fans blowing to the GPU, or just increase fan speed from your GPU.

Yeah, I might just increase the fan speed a bit, thanks for the reply mate! I'm glad my GPU temps is just normal. 

5 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

Max temp is 94 degrees I wouldn't worry.

Thanks mate!

5 hours ago, Tiwaz said:

on stock settings my aorus card gtx 1080 ti would run at 2800 rpm fan speed and 78°C. Since that is so loud i run it at max 2000rpm when it reaches 84°C and thats totally fine since the FE variants always run at 84°C or around that. AMD r9 290(x) cards with stock coolers ran between 90-95°C

Yeah, my GPU fan currently runs at 1100 rpm, but I might change that soon. Thanks for the reply man!

5 hours ago, FTL said:

Turn the fan speed to 100%, problem solved.

I might just do that, thanks for the reply mate!

4 hours ago, Leonius said:

true but then you need a hearing aid soon.

but yah honestly that is completely normal 85C is just fine dont worry

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/nvidia_gtx_1070_founder_edition_review/19

look at the temps they can get quite high under 90C is fine

I agree, but I don't really mind the noise, as long as it's not as loud as my snoring, should be fine. Thanks for the reply man!

56 minutes ago, typographie said:

Reference cooled cards are essentially designed to run at about 80°C or so in a game like this, and then adjust their clock speed to fit within that limit. It's normal, though it might still be a problem if the card has to throttle down aggressively to remain there. Check the card's core clock speed, and if it's significantly below what it should be, you may need to crank up the fan curve or find a better way to get fresh air to the card.

If you'd rather see it in the 70's or less, next time buy a card with a beefy third-party cooler and avoid the Founder's Edition.

Thanks for the detailed reply man! Yeah, I should have gotten those after market cards; the Asus Strix was the same price when I bought my GPU, but I just find the FE very cool looking. I will try and adjust the fan and closely monitor the clock speed, if there is no improvement (I'm just hoping for a small bit of improvement), I might just trade this in for a card with after market coolers. 

Thanks all for the replies! At least I now know that my card is performing withing the normal range. But I will see if I can bring the temp down based on your suggestions! Cheers!

Hey Guys!

I have average knowledge on building PCs and currently looking into temps of my PC's Components. My FE GTX1070 reaches 82C at 75% Utilization (highest) when playing The Division based on HWMonitor, I'm not sure if that's high but I still want to bring it down a bit. I only use Air Cooling and I am thinking of adding those PCI Slot Fans pointing towards the GPU, I would like to ask if any of you have experience with this and if it is effective. 

Thanks!

Well it's FE card with blower style cooler ... so nothing surprising that it reaches that temp.

But 82°C is still fine ... it won't harm your PC, it will only cause throttling ---> underperforming.

Yes you can get some fans blowing to the GPU, or just increase fan speed from your GPU.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

on stock settings my aorus card gtx 1080 ti would run at 2800 rpm fan speed and 78°C. Since that is so loud i run it at max 2000rpm when it reaches 84°C and thats totally fine since the FE variants always run at 84°C or around that. AMD r9 290(x) cards with stock coolers ran between 90-95°C

1 hour ago, FTL said:

1 hour ago, SuedeMonkey said:

Hey Guys!

I'm have average knowledge on building PCs and currently looking into temps of my PC's Components. My FE GTX1070 reaches 82C at 75% Utilization (highest) when playing The Division based on HWMonitor, I'm not sure if that's high but I still want to bring it down a bit. I only use Air Cooling and I am thinking of adding those PCI Slot Fans pointing towards the GPU, I would like to ask if any of you have experience with this and if it is effective. 

Thanks!

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/nvidia_gtx_1070_founder_edition_review/19

Reference cooled cards are essentially designed to run at about 80°C or so in a game like this, and then adjust their clock speed to fit within that limit. It's normal, though it might still be a problem if the card has to throttle down aggressively to remain there. Check the card's core clock speed, and if it's significantly below what it should be, you may need to crank up the fan curve or find a better way to get fresh air to the card.

If you'd rather see it in the 70's or less, next time buy a card with a beefy third-party cooler and avoid the Founder's Edition.

5 hours ago, Simon771 said:

Yeah, I might just increase the fan speed a bit, thanks for the reply mate! I'm glad my GPU temps is just normal. 

5 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

Max temp is 94 degrees I wouldn't worry.

Thanks mate!

5 hours ago, Tiwaz said:

Yeah, my GPU fan currently runs at 1100 rpm, but I might change that soon. Thanks for the reply man!

5 hours ago, FTL said:

I might just do that, thanks for the reply mate!

4 hours ago, Leonius said:

I agree, but I don't really mind the noise, as long as it's not as loud as my snoring, should be fine. Thanks for the reply man!

56 minutes ago, typographie said:

Thanks for the detailed reply man! Yeah, I should have gotten those after market cards; the Asus Strix was the same price when I bought my GPU, but I just find the FE very cool looking. I will try and adjust the fan and closely monitor the clock speed, if there is no improvement (I'm just hoping for a small bit of improvement), I might just trade this in for a card with after market coolers. 

Thanks all for the replies! At least I now know that my card is performing withing the normal range. But I will see if I can bring the temp down based on your suggestions! Cheers!