Radeon RX 570 nitro+ throttling when inactive

My RX 570 nitro+ is throttling down when ever it's not in use and it is causing games like Doom and Killing floor 2 to crash. Is there a setting that will cause it to throttle when inactive or something to make it consistent or is this normal? Thought it was Radeon wattman so uninstalled Radeon settings and still happening. Have sapphire trixx and problem still occurs. Also tried uninstalling sapphire trixx and throttling occurred. Reinstalled those two programs. Also I'm using prime b350 plus bios 0805. 

Any and all help is appreciated. This is also my first PC built it like two months ago and Doom worked fine when it was first setup. Also being new to the scene I also don't know all the jargon so a dumbed down explanation would be perfect

Thank you

Hardware:

Asus prime b350 plus

Ryzen R5 1500x

Sapphire Radeon RX 570 nitro+ 

Try going to windows power settings. Might be on power saving mode. Set it to performance

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

I don't know which pieces of software are supported yet, but that sounds a bit like a complication with Radeon Chill. Throttling when idle or inactive is totally fine under normal circumstances, but Chill works by throttling more dynamically according to whether or not a certain scene is static or not. I would recommend using DDU to clean up your drivers and reinstall the latest package. Additionally, it's been a while since I've delved through AMD driver settings, but check and see if there's a Radeon Chill toggle somewhere too (I think there's one under wattman settings).

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right