Going 4K, do I need new components to go along with it?

Hello all!

So I'm planning on upgrading my old 1080p bleeding edge monitor for a new 4K monitor at the end of the summer. My current build (if you can't see my signature) is an i5 4670K and a 780ti on an ASUS Gryphon with 8gb ddr3 G.Skill Sniper ram.

I plan to upgrade to either a 1080 or 1080ti along with the monitor, but is the rest of my build good to go? I don't know anything about ddr4 ram but I figure I'll need a new motherboard for that, which I don't want to do. Any input would be appreciated!

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Get an Ryzen 5 1600 or Ryzen 7 1700 Along with 16GB DDR4 RAM and an GTX 1080ti

1 minute ago, RaptorCandy said:

Get an Ryzen 5 1600 /Ryzen 7 1700 Along with 16GB DDR4 RAM and an GTX 1080ti

Thanks for your recommendation but is it necessary? What's the in game difference that cpu would bring

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

2 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

Get an Ryzen 5 1600 or Ryzen 7 1700 Along with 16GB DDR4 RAM and an GTX 1080ti

Best advice ever, "spend over $1000" :D

Obviously, you won't get Ultra settings on 4k, maybe medium. But if you're OK with that then you don't need and upgrade.

Just now, Trail Mixorz said:

Thanks for your recommendation but is it necessary? What's the in game difference that cpu would bring

Well, your processor is 4th gen, so it's getting kinda old. There is a possibility of bottlenecking. I don't see the reason to upgrade to 16GB of ram, though.

3 minutes ago, Trail Mixorz said:

Personally if you just overclock your i5 to over 4ghz it will be enough for 4k gaming.For 4k you don't need a powerful cpu since in most cases at that high of a resolution any graphics card will be pushed hard and subsequently become the bottleneck. Get a gtx 1080 or 1080 ti, overclock your cpu as much as you can and you should easily get 60 fps in any game out there at 4k. If performance isn't adequate than upgrade to a better cpu however this shouldn't be the case.