How do i plug my fans in

Microsoft Master

My corssair af120 fans just got here and i don't know where to plug them in how do i do this?

Your motherboard will have fan headers. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Your motherboard will have fan headers. 

I have 3 fans

Just now, Microsoft Master said:

I have 3 fans

You have 3 fan headers on your motherboard? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I think that board only has 2 fan headers, 1 for the CPU, 1 for case fans. Just check the manual to be sure.

In that case you'll need a fan splitter, or a fan hub.

Does you mum know you're here?

6 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

My corssair af120 fans just got here and i don't know where to plug them in how do i do this?

Just now, VVoltor said:

I think that board only has 2 fan headers, 1 for the CPU, 1 for case fans. Just check the manual to be sure.

In that case you'll need a fan splitter, or a fan hub.

The motherboard has 3 fan headers for case fans, as shown on the amazon page. In order to add more fans you need to use a fan splitter or remove a existing fan.

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

just 2 fan headers, checked msi's product page to be sure, you need a fan splitter cable or fan hub as stated above

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Judging by the mobo's picture in the official site it seems that it has two 4 pin PWM connectors and on is for the CPU cooler. So you probably have only one connector available. If so you can get a molex to 3pin power cables for the cheap but you won't be able to control how fast they run and they will be pinned to 100%. You can also get a fan hub like others suggested.

Just now, Vbgf said:

Judging by the mobo's picture in the official site it seems that it has two 4 pin PWM connectors and on is for the CPU cooler. So you probably have only one connector available. If so you can get a molex to 3pin power cables for the cheap but you won't be able to control how fast they run and they will be pinned to 100%. You can also get a fan hub like others suggested.

This a good one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0XQ7XC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3K929QT0IENFR&psc=1

1 minute ago, Microsoft Master said:

Yes it looks nice but watch out when adding more than one fan to one fan header on the motherboard. If you put a lot of fans or a few power-hungry fans on a single fan header it might fry the fan header. If you somehow manage to draw power from your PSU directly and control your fans with the 4 pin mobo connector that would be the way to go.

Just now, Vbgf said:

Yes it looks nice but watch out when adding more than one fan to one fan header on the motherboard. If you put a lot of fans or a few power-hungry fans on a single fan header it might fry the fan header. If you somehow manage to draw power from your PSU directly and control your fans with the 4 pin mobo connector that would be the way to go.

There just Corssar AF120 quiet editions its fine

1 minute ago, Microsoft Master said:

There just Corssar AF120 quiet editions its fine

Actually to play it safe i'll get a 1x2 splitter and a molex to fan connector

14 hours ago, Microsoft Master said:

Actually to play it safe i'll get a 1x2 splitter and a molex to fan connector

Or 2 2-way splitters. Molex will run fans at full speed and won't let you control them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/22/2017 at 3:51 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Or 2 2-way splitters. Molex will run fans at full speed and won't let you control them.

I'm ok with that i have quiet series fans

1 hour ago, Microsoft Master said:

I'm ok with that i have quiet series fans

They're not that quiet at full speed--most fans aren't.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're not that quiet at full speed--most fans aren't.

Ehhh well i have qc35's so i really won't be hearing them that much lol