4K Monitor

TwistedJack

I'm searching for a 4k display with 60 Hz and G-Sync. I'm also looking for one that's worth the money spent on it. 

Appreciate the help. Thanks

6 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

That is not worth $720, coming from someone who owns that monitor. If the shipping on PCPP is correct, making it $780, it would probably be better to go for the Asus PG27AQ for $40 more at that point. The XB280HK isn't bad, but IMO 1440p 144Hz is a better spend of the money if we're talking gaming. 

@Blakjak97 I assume this is for gaming, considering the GSync requirement? In that case, I would advise a 1440p 144Hz IPS GSync monitor instead, you get a better experience for your money. Other than watching native 4K content (which there is very little of still) and some productivity applications, there's not much benefit to 4K right now. You'll have to use scaling for it to be acceptable for everyday use and in terms of gaming. a higher refresh rate is a better experience than 4K IMO, as well as giving a larger range for GSync to operate. 

I'd take a look at the Asus PG279Q and Acer XB271HU 

4 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

That is not worth $720, coming from someone who owns that monitor. If the shipping on PCPP is correct, making it $780, it would probably be better to go for the Asus PG27AQ for $40 more at that point. The XB280HK isn't bad, but IMO 1440p 144Hz is a better spend of the money if we're talking gaming. 

@Blakjak97 I assume this is for gaming, considering the GSync requirement? In that case, I would advise a 1440p 144Hz IPS GSync monitor instead, you get a better experience for your money. Other than watching native 4K content (which there is very little of still) and some productivity applications, there's not much benefit to 4K right now. You'll have to use scaling for it to be acceptable for everyday use and in terms of gaming. a higher refresh rate is a better experience than 4K IMO, as well as giving a larger range for GSync to operate. 

I'd take a look at the Asus PG279Q and Acer XB271HU 

Thanks a lot for that info Oshino. Well you have suggested two monitors but comparing both they are almost the same with the same resolution and refresh rate. What is the difference between the two? 

And which of the two would you personally prefer and why? 

4 minutes ago, Blakjak97 said:

Thanks a lot for that info Oshino. Well you have suggested two monitors but comparing both they are almost the same with the same resolution and refresh rate. What is the difference between the two? 

And which of the two would you personally prefer and why? 

In terms of specs, they're the same. It's basically just the same monitor (in terms of specs) done by different brands. The XB271HU is the cheaper option, but I would personally go for the PG279Q as I believe the build quality on it is a bit better. Neither is a bad choice though, so if the difference in price is a big factor for you, go for the Acer monitor, it will perform the same but may not feel as good to the touch. That's from my experience with Acer. The panels are good but they seem to cut corners a bit when it comes to physical build quality. My XB280HK for example is very plasticy feeling (well, it's made from plastic, but I think you get what I mean) and wobbles around a lot on its stand. Compared to something from the likes of Dell (I have a Dell U2414H), the build quality is definitely lacking. Like I mentioned before though, the panel is good, which is really the most important thing. 

With the same specs and around the same price point as the XB271HU are the AOC AG271QG and ViewSonic XG2703-GS. To be honest, I know basically nothing about these monitors so I can't really say much about them one way or the other. Might be worth looking around at some reviews to get a better idea of how they compare. I'd imagine they're mostly the same as they're all the same spec with the same price point.