HDD safe temperatures?

wmaximilian
Go to solution Solved by seagate_surfer,

Hi, Wmaximilian. The spec sheet for our 4TB BarraCuda drive shows a normal temperature range of 0-60° C, so you're well within the normal limits here and doesn't seem like much to worry about unless you're experiencing any specific problems.

If you'd like to check on the health of your drive for peace of mind, Seagate has a free tool called SeaTools for this.

So I happened to buy 3 Seagate Barracuda 4 TB hard drives. I know these drives are not the most ideal for a storage server, though they are what I have. I currently run them in an UnRAID server tower, but I’m slightly concerned about the temperature they’re running at. The drives are running at around 38 C when idle and around the 45 C mark when under load for an extended period of time. My question is if I need to be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance! 

6 minutes ago, wmaximilian said:

So I happened to buy 3 Seagate Barracuda 4 TB hard drives. I know these drives are not the most ideal for a storage server, though they are what I have. I currently run them in an UnRAID server tower, but I’m slightly concerned about the temperature they’re running at. The drives are running at around 38 C when idle and around the 45 C mark when under load for an extended period of time. My question is if I need to be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance! 

most are rated for 0-60c working temperature.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Hi, Wmaximilian. The spec sheet for our 4TB BarraCuda drive shows a normal temperature range of 0-60° C, so you're well within the normal limits here and doesn't seem like much to worry about unless you're experiencing any specific problems.

If you'd like to check on the health of your drive for peace of mind, Seagate has a free tool called SeaTools for this.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming