Switching out M.2 SSDs

xJakkz

Soooo, I store all my files I like to move around on a(n?) M.2 SSD. It was only 120GBs or so, so I decided to buy a new one. Only problem is, that SSD is also where Windows is.

WHAT DO I DO?

Move all your files that you want from the old SSD to a new one, then do a clean installation of Windows on the new SSD.

It is fairly simple, I don't think I deserve an 'Informative' icon for this.

9 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Move all your files that you want from the old SSD to a new one, then do a clean installation of Windows on the new SSD.

It is fairly simple, I don't think I deserve an 'Informative' icon for this.

Thanks, I tried that but when I re-installed Windows, it wouldn't let me re-use my product code. Is there a work around. (Bare with me, I'm a bit of a noob)

3 minutes ago, xJakkz said:

Thanks, I tried that but when I re-installed Windows, it wouldn't let me re-use my product code. Is there a work around. (Bare with me, I'm a bit of a noob)

It should have worked, so long as the MB didn't change in the process. It should have recognized the MB S/N right away.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

It should have worked, so long as the MB didn't change in the process. It should have recognized the MB S/N right away.

Huh, how weird...

11 minutes ago, xJakkz said:

Carry on into the 'I don't have a product code' and will complete your OS installation, then you can fix the product code issue or go the route of piracy of certain programs I will not mention for obvious reasons. Unactivated windows is not really different from activated windows anyway.

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

Carry on into the 'I don't have a product code' and will complete your OS installation, then you can fix the product code issue or go the route of piracy of certain programs I will not mention for obvious reasons. Unactivated windows is not really different from activated windows anyway.

I'll do that then, thanks you guys!