Horizontal gpu mount for a desk

I'm building a desk PC. I'm almost completely done, ready to make my final cuts, super excited. The last hangup I have has been bugging me since I first got this idea. It's how to mount the gpu flat on the table, fan side up. I can't find any useful information anywhere on the internet, and every idea I come up with on my own seems incredibly convoluted. 

Can anyone help me out here? 

For the record, I'm using a zotac gtx 1070. Another issue I have is that the cooler overhangs the pcb by about an inch so it would be difficult it use the holes in the pcb to mount it since I'm not sure how I would reattach the cooler to the gpu once it's mounted. 

If there's anything I'm overlooking or any ideas you have please let me know

Pic of my layout attached 

IMG_20170603_162028.jpg

Try having it horizontal 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

maybe make a ledge on edge of desk to rest back of cooler on, when cutting slot for card i/o, have the card indented so you can screw on with the case bracket

or just mount using slight wooden part that is raised to surround the car so it doesn't move, then use the case screw hole for better mounting

I'm on board with using the cutout in the back to screw on like a case bracket, my hangup is still the other end of the card though. Can material like wood or acrylic be directly contacting the pcb for support? Would that cause any issues?

Wood and acrylic are not conductive so you should be fine. But you probably still want minimal contact. You could also use wooden dowels to prop it up underneath the screws. Also are you using a back plate? If so I wouldn't worry about it.

22 hours ago, Chrisrlyon said:

I'm on board with using the cutout in the back to screw on like a case bracket, my hangup is still the other end of the card though. Can material like wood or acrylic be directly contacting the pcb for support? Would that cause any issues?

For mounting it in place you can get a PCI-E bracket like this to bolt in the GPU on the far end using a small support say made of acrylic or wood to hold it from flexing or moving isn't a problem. 

http://www.mountainmods.com/pci-modular-io-bracket-brushed-alu-p-701.html