Micro center shipping keeps shafting me

OnionRings

Does anybody else get shafted by their " next day " shipping? I've bought from them twice and every time I chose next day it's more like 4 days.

Instance 1: I bought my 480 on a Friday, obviously it won't come Saturday that's not a business day, so I figured Monday, nope Tuesday. To be somewhat fair it was late Friday I ordered it so my guess is that they used Monday to process, ship, and it came Tuesday.

Instance 2: Last night I bought thermal paste next day shipping, it says it's not even going to SHIP until the 8th, then what I guess it arrives next day the 9th? Their shipping is so misleading. Amazon when they say 2 days they mean 2 days.

Anybody else had this happen to them?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Out of stock maybe?

The 480 had like 4 left in stock, the paste has no limit it says.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

What time did you order the 480 on Friday?  If it's after 12PM then it's acceptable practice for it to not ship until the following business day.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

What time did you order the 480 on Friday?  If it's after 12PM then it's acceptable practice for it to not ship until the following business day.

The 480 I can excuse If I remember correctly it was before they closed, but only like by 4 hours. But this paste says it shipped today, I just checked, but still says it won't be here until the 8th, that's with " next day shipping " Hopefully that's just an estimate and an incorrect one at that.

Now I don't want anybody getting me wrong here, I'm not a whiny impatient brat, I can wait, it's just that when you pay for faster shipping, you should get it.

CPU

Oh when it states it shipped, that can be an outright lie.

Amazon is doing that with me now.

They royally fucked me over.

I started a topic on that. And I just posted something there.

Also ebay does it too, them fucking sellers yeee know.

Im fucking telling you @OnionRings it fucking pisses me off. Stated it was Shipped, then the next day oh delivery takes too long. Email them back, send it anyway. We are not shipping it. So they lie and lie and lie. Its not in stock in their store or their suppliers does not have it to drop ship.

aye the 8th is my birthday. who wants to buy me onion rings hey? Moving on, some things just won't always be on, there can be delay in travel, or if it's coming from another country, it could be a storm. You never know.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

aye the 8th is my birthday. who wants to buy me onion rings hey? Moving on, some things just won't always be on, there can be delay in travel, or if it's coming from another country, it could be a storm. You never know.

Yea I guess. Can I buy onion rings for 46 cents?

CPU

2 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Yeahhh but its fucking 1 day delivery. They are fucking liars! Plus you pay extra for 1 day delivery. Its a fucking SCAM!

Usually it should say - If purchased before 2pm or noon it will be delivered. But thats a lie too.

Just now, OnionRings said:

Yea I guess. Can I buy onion rings for 46 cents?

>.> I said bi mi iron reings 4 mi birtday

The geek himself.

NOTHING is 46 cents, except the maybe the individual candy pieces at 7-eleven thats hard as a rock, been touched 10000 times, sneezed on, dusty.

3 minutes ago, yathis said:
Triggered GIF - Triggered - Discover & Share GIFs

I am super triggered

CPU

next day shipping does not mean it will arrive the next day. it means they will ship it the next day, as opposed to what often happens, where they sit on orders for weeks until they can do it in bulk.   it might still take a couple days to get to you.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, OnionRings said:

Does anybody else get shafted by their " next day " shipping? I've bought from them twice and every time I chose next day it's more like 4 days.

Instance 1: I bought my 480 on a Friday, obviously it won't come Saturday that's not a business day, so I figured Monday, nope Tuesday. To be somewhat fair it was late Friday I ordered it so my guess is that they used Monday to process, ship, and it came Tuesday.

Instance 2: Last night I bought thermal paste next day shipping, it says it's not even going to SHIP until the 8th, then what I guess it arrives next day the 9th? Their shipping is so misleading. Amazon when they say 2 days they mean 2 days.

Anybody else had this happen to them?

Instance 1, I get it. Monday is the first actual business day they can process and pack your order. Getting it on Tuesday is right on time IMO.

Instance 2, that's crap. Ordered Monday night, so they'd process Tuesday 6/6. Should ship on 6/6 for delivery on 6/7.

And I've had worse experience with Amazon. I've been a Prime member for as long as they offered that service, and when you approach the holiday season or "prime day" you REALLY see that 2-days doesn't always mean 2-days in Amazon land. I've even had SAME DAY shipping with Amazon that took 2-3 days to show up. At least with Amazon you can complain and they'll credit you for the delay.

What you dont understand is Microcenter isnt Amazon or Newegg... they rely more on instore sales than web orders... so they dont have 100's of people working in a warehouse to ship things out quickly

I called them and they said it was supposed to come today, the guy tracked it for me (since I didn't get a tracking number) and said in transit to arrive today.

CPU

Just got it. Good, on time. :D

CPU