Keep or Change?

Memorizer

I'm about to buy my first build tommorow or the next day after that, and I just want your opinions on my old monitor: Samsung EX1920. Should I sell it if I can?(tbh it's difficult to sell an old display) Or should I hold onto it and save money to buy a new monitor?

P.S. the monitor is fine, has no dead pixels or anything, just dusty because I haven't used it in a year.

Your opinions are truly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

6 hours ago, Memorizer said:

I'm about to buy my first build tommorow or the next day after that, and I just want your opinions on my old monitor: Samsung EX1920. Should I sell it if I can?(tbh it's difficult to sell an old display) Or should I hold onto it and save money to buy a new monitor?

P.S. the monitor is fine, has no dead pixels or anything, just dusty because I haven't used it in a year.

Your opinions are truly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

That monitor is perfect, especially in the condition you just said

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

29 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

That monitor is perfect, especially in the condition you just said

Might as well keep it, it's still useful anyways regardless of specs :)

1 hour ago, Memorizer said:

Might as well keep it, it's still useful anyways regardless of specs :)

You should get a new monitor if you are getting a whole new system that isn't cheap. You will appreciate the better colours, resolution and refresh rates you can get on newer monitors. But of course, it all depends on your budget.

13 minutes ago, TheDane said:

You should get a new monitor if you are getting a whole new system that isn't cheap. You will appreciate the better colours, resolution and refresh rates you can get on newer monitors. But of course, it all depends on your budget.

This is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/KROW/saved/wys3CJ 

3 minutes ago, Memorizer said:

You can get better PSU in my signature

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

9 minutes ago, TheDane said:

What is your budget? I don't need the build

The list he made costs how much? That's the budget

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

The list he made costs how much? That's the budget

That doesn't mean that's his full budget, just because he made a list...

32 minutes ago, TheDane said:

That doesn't mean that's his full budget, just because he made a list...

Plot twist: that's the max budget I have for the mean time (the case is just a thought not a final decision)

34 minutes ago, TheDane said:

This build is better and doesn't cost more, but I am pretty sure that that CPU is gonna bottleneck that Graphics card a bit

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zKn7JV

I can't really go upto ~$600 because prices in my country are high af

And the CPU won't bottleneck the GPU. GamersNexus did a video on this *insert link here but I'm lazy*

30 minutes ago, TheDane said:

Also, what are you gonna use the system for? Gaming only or are you gonna be streaming and working with 3D-programs?

More or less gaming, eSports such as CSGO, Minecraft and Club Penguin(RIP), music production, and Video Editing if needed

P.S. the minecraft one is a joke btw :)

37 minutes ago, Memorizer said:

Plot twist: that's the max budget I have for the mean time (the case is just a thought not a final decision)

I can't really go upto ~$600 because prices in my country are high af

And the CPU won't bottleneck the GPU. GamersNexus did a video on this *insert link here but I'm lazy*

More or less gaming, eSports such as CSGO, Minecraft and Club Penguin(RIP), music production, and Video Editing if needed

It will probably be fine for that but it won't be great anything really. It should handle those games nicely, but it's gonna be bad for workstation purposes, which could mean you won't really be able to do much video editing also since you only have 1TB of storage for everything that is also gonna limit what you will be able to use it for..

8 hours ago, TheDane said:

It will probably be fine for that but it won't be great anything really. It should handle those games nicely, but it's gonna be bad for workstation purposes, which could mean you won't really be able to do much video editing also since you only have 1TB of storage for everything that is also gonna limit what you will be able to use it for..

I'm not gonna edit videos for a living, so storage isn't a problem. The build is gonna be on a long journey before it's final form, I just need one to use for projects and midnight gaming haha 

Thanks @TheDane for your response! Cheers :)

Buy new cpu ! , not monitor

Your graphic card will not work perfectly with this cpu

5 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Buy new cpu ! , not monitor

Your graphic card will not work perfectly with this cpu

There's not much alternatives to the G4560 because it's price is good enough (sorry for grammar I'm sleepy) and I haven't seen much <$100 CPUs that can top the G4560 for my budget right now. It will do fine with the 570 don't worry :)

7 minutes ago, Memorizer said:

There's not much alternatives to the G4560 because it's price is good enough (sorry for grammar I'm sleepy) and I haven't seen much <$100 CPUs that can top the G4560 for my budget right now. It will do fine with the 570 don't worry :)

Good luck :)

• 4 weeks later...
On May 31, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Memorizer said:

Thanks! :D and thank you for the response, appreciated!

So how are you?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :