Toolkit for Building PC

Hello.

So, I've wondered, what kind of tool kit is the best to have all around for PC builds and everything else, seeing Linus carries one with him all the time, but are there other ones aswell that is globaly sold?

Currently leaning towards buying one of those Linus is currently using!

I personally use the toolkit that Linus and team use. The iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit. It has everything that I've ever really needed for building a computer among other things. It really is a great little kit. Plus, if you use the offer code WANSHOW you can get $5 off a purchase of $10 or more. So that's always nice.

Just now, ignorantForager said:

I personally use the toolkit that Linus and team use. The iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit. It has everything that I've ever really needed for building a computer among other things. It really is a great little kit. Plus, if you use the code WANSHOW you can get $5 off a purchase of $10 or more. So that's always nice.

Exactly what I thought!

Just get a Phillips-Head Screwdriver and you're golden (unless you are working with lian-li cases (they use hex screws))

1 minute ago, Totalschaden1997 said:

Just get a Phillips-Head Screwdriver and you're golden (unless you are working with lian-li cases (they use hex screws))

Well, it's not only for PC, mainly PC and hardware things but other things that family could use aswell. But not sure if I should buy the pro-kit or the same with the magnetic pad. 

1 minute ago, WPM-P36✠ said:

Well, it's not only for PC, mainly PC and hardware things but other things that family could use aswell. But not sure if I should buy the pro-kit or the same with the magnetic pad. 

I got the one with the magnetic pad (it came in a bundle around Black Friday last year). Personally, I've never used the pad so I don't think that it's worth buying. But everyone has different use cases.

A magnetic Phillips screwdriver is nice, but otherwise you don't really need a full toolkit just for PCs

That's an F in the profile pic

i just use a screwewdriver with a lod of tips for doing everything, the ones i mainly have to use are a philips head and a torques 6 seeing as i have a load of neat computer scews that use that

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I recently bought the Snap-On orange ratcheting screwdriver that Linus uses all the time, it was expensive but is AMAZING.  I also have a long, smaller screwdriver for tight spaces and a small kit with hex bits for certain parts like water cooling blocks that use them.  I strongly recommend a magnetic parts tray (the little circle kind are fine) for holding screws and that's about it. 

42 minutes ago, aithos said:

I recently bought the Snap-On orange ratcheting screwdriver that Linus uses all the time, it was expensive but is AMAZING.  I also have a long, smaller screwdriver for tight spaces and a small kit with hex bits for certain parts like water cooling blocks that use them.  I strongly recommend a magnetic parts tray (the little circle kind are fine) for holding screws and that's about it. 

Thing is, I got a seperate one already at home, which I will use instead of the one you buy with the pro kit, so bought the ordinary pro kit without the magnetic thing place added for 20 extra euros.

1 hour ago, WPM-P36✠ said:

Thing is, I got a separate one already at home, which I will use instead of the one you buy with the pro kit, so bought the ordinary pro kit without the magnetic thing place added for 20 extra euros.

The good thing about magnetism is that is carries.

What I mean is, if you happen to have a good magnet around, you can just put that on the side of the screwdriver and it will hold onto any screws you put on it.

I salvaged the magnets out of an old hard drive and that's what I do when I want to my non-magnetic screwdrivers to hold onto screws.

---