Input on me water cooling setup

Hey, I'm looking at getting these fittings for a great price, do you guys think I could throw together a loop using them?  I'll be getting two EKWB SE 240 slim rads with some sweet HD120 RGB fans.  The case is an Inwin 301 and the GPU an MSI 1070 Seahawk EK X

• 1 x Bitspower swiveling 90 degree angle fitting
• 3 x Koolance swiveling 45 degree angle fitting
• 1 x Koolance swiveling 45 degree low profile angle fitting
• 4 x Koolance swiveling threaded angle fitting single
• 2 x Koolance threaded nozzle pairs
• 4 x Koolance Nozzle Single Straight
• 1 x Enzotech Barb stop fitting w cap

592395445977f_Thoughtsonaloop.png.d78efcfd7752653405e1db07e1a4ef45.png

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I would buy all brand new fittings, not used, and all from the same brand.

Bitspower fittings are better than other brands like EK and koolance.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I would buy all brand new fittings, not used, and all from the same brand.

Bitspower fittings are better than other brands like EK and koolance.

All brand new or close to, they were an enthusiasts spares/lightly used fittings but they switched from silver to black fittings so getting rid of the silvers

Also, this is $40 Canadian

Fittings are a risky thing to buy used imo.  I'm personally moving away from rotary fittings (hopefully) and especially used rotary fittings seem scary

edit: :ph34r:

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Just now, 0ld_Chicken said:

Fittings are a risky thing to buy used imo.  I'm personally moving away from rotary fittings (hopefully) and especially used rotary fittings seem scary

Bitspower ones are good, I haven't seen any bitspower rotary fittings leak since 2012 when they had a production issue.

Unfortunately they are pretty stiff and hard to turn.

I've seen most of the other brands leak though.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

All brand new or close to, they were an enthusiasts spares/lightly used fittings but they switched from silver to black fittings so getting rid of the silvers

Also, this is $40 Canadian

It sounds like you're trying to cheap out on your loop...

Unless you have the $500+ for new good quality components you should be sticking to AIO/air cooling.

Also IMO silver looks horrible :(

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

It sounds like you're trying to cheap out on your loop...

Unless you have the $500+ for new good quality components you should be sticking to AIO/air cooling.

Looking at getting the 1070 for a mere $450, this would  be a temp thing until I go to full hardline.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Looking at getting the 1070 for a mere $450, this would  be a temp thing until I go to full hardline.

But then you will need to change all your fittings and tubing anyway to go hardline...

Just save up until you have enough money to buy all the best parts brand new, and only do things once :)

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Just save up until you have enough money to buy all the best parts brand new, and only do things once :)

The 1070 is second hand, $450 is an awesome price (usually goes for 650-700 + 13% tax)

The rads (lol just the thinnest on the market) and pump will be top of the line but I want to have it up and running sooner rather than later.If necessary I will straight up marine cement the fittings shut lol, only need one use and I work at a hardware store xD 

@0ld_Chicken Given everything else mentioned here what do you think?

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The 1070 is second hand, $450 is an awesome price (usually goes for 650-700 + 13% tax)

The rads (lol just the thinnest on the market) and pump will be top of the line but I want to have it up and running sooner rather than later.If necessary I will straight up marine cement the fittings shut lol, only need one use and I work at a hardware store xD 

You shouldn't cement fittings, they are G1/4, they use o-rings to seal.

If you want it running sooner than later then just spend a bit more and get new bitspower fittings.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

You shouldn't cement fittings, they are G1/4, they use o-rings to seal.

Like these guys?  I've almost ignored soft tubing in my research, focusing on hardline lol.  

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/3_8_id_-_1_2_od_straight_compression_fitting_-_black_sparkle/

27 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Like these guys?  I've almost ignored soft tubing in my research, focusing on hardline lol.  

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/3_8_id_-_1_2_od_straight_compression_fitting_-_black_sparkle/

Yeah, all bitspower fittings are great, you just need to decide that ID and OD of tubing you want, what colour fittings, etc.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Yeah, all bitspower fittings are great, you just need to decide that ID and OD of tubing you want, what colour fittings, etc.

Kk, I think I may wait on the cpu block/second radiator then.

The for the input.

If it's just about the temps and you're going to go hardline I'd probably just start that gpu loop with basic straight soft tube compression fittings like you linked (though I'm sure you can find quality fittings cheaper).  Do a basic GPU only loop and add a rad and cpu block down the line.  I've always found a use for a few soft tube fittings in my builds so it's not like they're a total waste. 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

30 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

though I'm sure you can find quality fittings cheaper

I am really interested in where I could get decent fittings for less than 40 CAD.  Dazmode is about $10 per fitting, same with ncix.

31 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

If it's just about the temps

Less about the temperature and more about "huh, this gpu doesn't have an air cooler, I need a loop for it"

9 hours ago, Damascus said:

I am really interested in where I could get decent fittings for less than 40 CAD.  Dazmode is about $10 per fitting, same with ncix.

Less about the temperature and more about "huh, this gpu doesn't have an air cooler, I need a loop for it"

I was thinking less than 10each new but i forgot your in Canada.  If they're gonna cost you that much might as well go hardline.  Id still skip the koolance fittings personally.  I never liked them to begin with

I pretty much bough a whole system used, which included like 20 1/2 fittings. Not a single one has leaked. I'd do it again if need be. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

@0ld_Chicken I checked ebay, I can get 4x bitspower soft tube fittings for 40 bucks. $80 worth of those  gets me a loop (cpu, gpu, rad, pump/res)  I'm kinda tempted by the ekwb starter kit (the cheaper one, @Enderman is definitely not a fan, nor is anyone else.  I need to know though, is it truly that awful?  $300 gets me a temp setup on tubes/fittjngs and a rad/pump I would like to use lon ish term.  No other pump/res combo that I have found will actually fit in my case with the gpu.

Remember,  the ABSOLUTE MAX this loop will include is 1 gpu, 1 cpu and 2 rads

I assume you're talking about the L series kits?  The pump is a little underwhelming since i think it's only a 6w pump but I've used it with 2 rads and 1cpu 1 gpu and it was fine.  Bleeding will be harder/take longer but no huge deal.  

Whats the price difference between that and the d5 or full ddc kits(i don't remember if those exist)?

1 hour ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Whats the price difference between that and the d5 or full ddc kits(i don't remember if those exist)?

D5 kit

http://www.ncix.com/detail/ek-water-blocks-ek-kit-p240-23-128427.htm

A DDC kit

http://www.ncix.com/detail/ek-water-blocks-ek-kit-x240-4c-107580.htm

More reasonably priced  DDC kit

http://www.ncix.com/detail/ek-kit-l240-r2-0-watercooling-kit-e4-108166.htm

SPC-60 MX PWM kit

http://www.ncix.com/detail/ek-water-blocks-ek-kit-s240-b6-130921.htm

Is that $60 worth it?

40 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Is that $60 worth it?

No, not IMO.  I'd go with the spc at those prices.  It's fine for low restriction loops so 1-2 blocks and 1-2 rads should be ok.

edit: in case you haven't seen it: http://thermalbench.com/2016/06/30/ek-xtop-spc-60-inc-pump/3/

4 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

No, not IMO.  I'd go with the spc at those prices.  It's fine for low restriction loops so 1-2 blocks and 1-2 rads should be ok.

edit: in case you haven't seen it: http://thermalbench.com/2016/06/30/ek-xtop-spc-60-inc-pump/3/

Thanks, I don't think I'll ever have a need of more than 2 blocks and 2 rads.

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Thanks, I don't think I'll ever have a need of more than 2 blocks and 2 rads.

Understandable.  Not everything has to be overkill xD