$1600 Main PC 5-21-17 UPDATED

5-21-17 Update

I got the new fan controller and fans for the front of the case and I took out the mount for the extra HDD cage and I put a 120mm fan I had laying on my shelf in the bottom along with mounting a dust filter on that fan. I also have did some tuning and adjusted the fan curves and cooling on the system. I also moved my 120mm Noctua LTT edition fan from the front of the case to be a second fan on my Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo when I added the 2 new fans in the front which are Corsair ML120 fans. The bottom fan is a slim Thermaltake fan with a blue LED in it I just used it because it was whatever I had spare sitting on my shelf.

I'm currently waiting on a side panel window to arrive and after that comes I may start to add some LEDs for some cool lighting. What do you guys thing I should do for lighting?

If any of you have any tips or comments don't be afraid to say it I'm open to suggestions and tips for future upgrades and stuff for the machine.

Specs and Parts:
AMD Ryzen R7 1700x
32gb of 2400mhz DDR4 RAM
ASUS Prime X370 Pro motherboard
AMD Radeon RX 480 8gb
5.5tb of HDD in 4 HDDs
270gb SSD
Seasonic 760 watt 80+ Platinum PSU
Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 case

image.thumb.jpeg.c2705575b05dc44179234da7a3e93ba5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.65814b43c70cb405fbd282410104aec1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4d06c5f90729d8a36dd0af305468e144.jpeg

Previous update on 5-16-17:

Spoiler

This is my first post on here in a while and my machine has been upgraded to Ryzen since last time I posted bere. Today I got the Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 case and I moved my entire build over to the new case. I'm still waiting on 2 new fans and a fan controller I'll update this thread when those parts arrive.

PS the machine is on the floor because it was too heavy for the shelf I had it on and I think it may be time for a bigger/newer desk that's more comfortable to sit at.

Edited by SuperShermanTanker

Did the GPU move down a slot between those first 2 pics?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Why asphixiate the CPU cooler like that by placing it's intake so close to the GPU? Just let it vent out to the rear casefan.

it's the bracket they had availible in the store for the 212 evo when I updated the PC to Ryzen if I was re configure it to get the cooler the other way arround I would have to get a entirely new bracket. It works the way it is right now and the temps are fine so I'm not concerned at all so I'm going by if it ain't broke don't fix it.

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Did the GPU move down a slot between those first 2 pics?

no it's in the same slot it's just the very top slot is not there on the motherboard as the space is used for a M2 slot

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

no it's in the same slot it's just the very top slot is not there on the motherboard as the space is used for a M2 slot

It's just that in the first pic it looks like the fan is pressed up right against the GPU, like, within a cm, but ion the next shot it looks like there's 2 inches between them xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's just that in the first pic it looks like the fan is pressed up right against the GPU, like, within a cm, but ion the next shot it looks like there's 2 inches between them xD 

it's just the angle of the picture the GPU hasn't moved

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

oh wow, that's really something xD 

15 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I don't believe it.. they're literally touching in the first picture lol

Anyway.. how's the 1700x treating you? I'm on the verge of a 7700k or 1700x build right now

image.thumb.jpeg.b4b5362ab7d5becfc24862387a02c84a.jpg

2 hours ago, Thoffman223 said:

It would appear that the cooler sticks out more than the gpu (towards the side panel) which isn't apparent in the second picture, but it gives the illusion of being closer in the first picture.

3 hours ago, Thoffman223 said:

Anyway.. how's the 1700x treating you? I'm on the verge of a 7700k or 1700x build right now

image.thumb.jpeg.b4b5362ab7d5becfc24862387a02c84a.jpg

1700x is great no complaints it's a real workhorse when livestreaming and still plays games very well