May 5th, 2017 - The WAN Show Document

Slick
44 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Kudos to linus to talk about the 1000 dollar budget build and other stuff. 

#sarcasm

3 minutes ago, Deusrex said:

#sarcasm

no...

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

no...

When did he address it? All he did was say he was going to, and referred to it as fisting his audience.

Hey! 

Concerning the worst 1000$ build of all the internet at the moment and your explanation.

I was rewatching the video to check if people were really over reacting about it, especially about the "budget" side of things, and heared things like "best way to turn that cash into a gaming computer", "Value optimized guide" in the vid. If that's not selling the vid as a budget build, I don't know what is. I've seen people people in the comment and on the forum asking if they should buy that build, and some probably will just buy it, because they don't know and they trust you. A few month ago, you were telling Wendell you were making video about the 1000$ version of windows or if water cooling would make a room cooler, because many people just didn't know. And here you are knowingly releasing a missleading video to those same people thinking they'll know better? For real? 

Video would have been fine if all the value aspect was removed tho. I like fire.

2 minutes ago, Yakkululz said:

I like fire.

Me to, it really completes the illusion of a burning pile of crap on your neighbors door step.

22 minutes ago, Deusrex said:

When did he address it? All he did was say he was going to, and referred to it as fisting his audience.

When he introduced all his new writers. 

11 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

When he introduced all his new writers. 

I just watched it (I skipped them the first time because I did not think he would throw that guy under the bus like that) even with that explained I think it's a really bad build, and the concerns should have been addressed in the video. It makes more sense now why it turned out that way though.

54 minutes ago, Deusrex said:

I just watched it (I skipped them the first time because I did not think he would throw that guy under the bus like that) even with that explained I think it's a really bad build, and the concerns should have been addressed in the video. It makes more sense now why it turned out that way though.

yup. it is still a bad build. But at least linus is a lot more serious than we thought. 

We definitely prefer "fix that;s a bit too late" than "I dont give a shit as long as I am making videos you guys will watch it"