Quick disconnects for headphones?

I_AM_JOERY

Hey! I have a problem...

My headphones keep on breaking because i stand up to fast or walk away from the computer and forget to unplug them.
Sometimes I almost ripped my case out of the desk. :(

So I was thinking is there a solution for this?
I was thinking about something like apples magnetic charging but then for audio jacks.
Is there something like this? and would it disconnect before ripping cable in half or damaging the connector from the headphones itself?
Thanks in advance 

~Joery

I've found a few Kickstarter projects for something like this but nothing for sale :(

Just now, cdsboy2000 said:

I've found a few Kickstarter projects for something like this but nothing for sale :(

Ahh thanks for the quick reply
Been looking around on the web also but with no success yet :(

I haven't seen any yet, but its a good suggestion, maybe someone will make it soon.. Next time get a wireless one then? :P 

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

2 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

I haven't seen any yet, but its a good suggestion, maybe someone will make it soon.. Next time get a wireless one then? :P 

Yeah if I don't find something like this by Monday I will have to order wireless headphones. Still hoping I don't need to go wireless.
To bad tho, I really liked the comfort of my SH CX300's

I'm a bit afraid that wireless wont be as practical as I sometimes have really long gaming sessions and I don't wanna be bothered with charging mid-session 

Quick disconnects tends to reduce the connection in between causing poorer audio quality.

A wireless solution is what you are looking at, maybe get one of the wireless adapters with apptX?

(If you have bluetooth on your pc that is.)

1 minute ago, Xenift said:

Quick disconnects tends to reduce the connection in between causing poorer audio quality.

A wireless solution is what you are looking at, maybe get one of the wireless adapters with apptX?

(If you have bluetooth on your pc that is.)

What is apptX?

Just now, I_AM_JOERY said:

What is apptX?

Whoopsie, spelled it abit wrong.

https://www.aptx.com/

Here you go.

It is basically a blue tooth audio transferring type of standard in which reduces signal degradation when using bluetooth.

However this is like a handshake thing in which a aptX headset/dongle needs to be connected to an aptX dongle/built in motherboard bluetooth.

30 minutes ago, Xenift said:

Whoopsie, spelled it abit wrong.

https://www.aptx.com/

Here you go.

It is basically a blue tooth audio transferring type of standard in which reduces signal degradation when using bluetooth.

However this is like a handshake thing in which a aptX headset/dongle needs to be connected to an aptX dongle/built in motherboard bluetooth.

Ah that is why google didn't work

Thanks ill check it out

~Joery

16 hours ago, JohnT said:

Why not consider an extension?

O i never thought about that, but that might actually help. thanks

Still hoping on someone to find magnetic ones tho :D

You could also have one of those coiled wires instead of a regular wire.

Personally, I'd set it up so that you get enough length from the armrest of your chair to your head, attach the cable securely to your chair, and then all the rest of the wire will be plugged into your PC. This way, when you stand up, the tension will be applied onto the small part of the cable and the chair, instead on your PC.

I have run something like this, and it works very well. I did use it mostly to be able to move around my room without removing the headset and not feeling a tension on the head.