V-Moda Boom Mic picking up leaked audio from Openback Headphones

GamingDevilsCC
Go to solution Solved by GamingDevilsCC,

FIXED

Turned the mic to 20db from 10db, and turned the noise gate up with voice meter. (also, if the 20db causes alot of static, make sure u put the pc and mic cable off the carpet. 

Hey guys, I have a Philips SHP 9500S with a V-Moda Boom Mic for it, and the mic usually picks up the leaked audio from my headphones. I'm using a Realtek ALC892 Chipset in my ASUS P8H77-M Pro Motherboard, and is there any methods that don't reduce the microphones sound quality, while at the same time preventing the mic picking up the leaked audio causing an echo.

Thanks.

turn down your mic gain in windows? Turn down your volume? Move your mic a bit?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

turn down your mic gain in windows? Turn down your volume? Move your mic a bit?

What do you mean by mic gain? 

2 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

What do you mean by mic gain? 

when you right click on the little speaker icon, right click that and just below playback units there should be a record something, click on that, then right click on realtek mic and choose properties, that should then pop up a window where you can change gain on the mic.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

46 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

when you right click on the little speaker icon, right click that and just below playback units there should be a record something, click on that, then right click on realtek mic and choose properties, that should then pop up a window where you can change gain on the mic.

Problem with that is that the mic hardly makes my voice hearable, like not as loud.

FIXED

Turned the mic to 20db from 10db, and turned the noise gate up with voice meter. (also, if the 20db causes alot of static, make sure u put the pc and mic cable off the carpet.