MSI Z270 GAMING M3

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4

AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Corsair HX750i

SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB

WD Blue 1TB HDD

All built in the Rosewill Cullinan with a 4k Samsung 28" monitor

When i try to play World of Warcraft the computer will just turn itself completely off, no LEDs or anything, then restart a couple seconds later.

Ive looked at the temps and nothing seems to be all that high and its as soon as i log in to my character.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Im thinking maybe a failing PSU but i dont want to have to buy another if that's not the problem.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Drakier said:

Just built myself a new computer with the following:

I5-7600K

MSI Z270 GAMING M3

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4

AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Corsair HX750i

SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB

WD Blue 1TB HDD

All built in the Rosewill Cullinan with a 4k Samsung 28" monitor

When i try to play World of Warcraft the computer will just turn itself completely off, no LEDs or anything, then restart a couple seconds later.

Ive looked at the temps and nothing seems to be all that high and its as soon as i log in to my character.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Im thinking maybe a failing PSU but i dont want to have to buy another if that's not the problem.

Thanks.

a PSU is likley the problem, but is it connected to a surge protector?

Yes it is connected to a surge protector.

Just wow thus far, ive played LoL, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Heroes of the Storm.

Do you have the same issue if you plug the pc directly to the wall plug instead of the surge?

One other thing you can try is to use an application that stress your pc such as 3D mark and see if the problem shows up again.

If you think its the PSU and you do not have any other with you to test you could reach your nearest pc store and borrow one for testing.

Don't have another currently going to order one Thursday when I get paid. Tried another surge protector, but it didn't help.

I set my resolution down from 4k to 1440p and i was able to log in to wow with no problem. Not sure if that helps any but i checked the event viewer and it said this. 

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I'm having a similar problem with my rig as well I have a 1500x with a Prime Asus m350 plus mobo. I fought with it the first few days since it wouldn't even post hardly and swapped out some different ram and got it to boot finally. Once I did get it to boot it would restart itself quite often at first then tweaked the memory in the boost and started to run smoothly again for a short time. After getting a full day and a half of gaming on it late last night it began to reboot itself again, sometimes right away other times an hour later doing something as simple as YouTube or running wow. I've googled the issue and found that it could be an audio driver issue causing the problem check your event log and see if you have a kernel power problem.

Yeah thats what event viewer is saying, Source says Kernel Power with the "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." under general.

i have had this problem before, the PSU is the culprit every time, get a new one and RMA your current one (if you can)

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

5 hours ago, Drakier said:

Yeah thats what event viewer is saying, Source says Kernel Power with the "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." under general.

The issue in having is the damn thing WORKS a large chunk of the day. I had no problems with it in my old rig. I'll get a new PSU tomorrow and report back the resultt.

Yeah, i got my new PSU yesterday, gave it a little time to test, but it seems that is what the problem was, i guess i just didnt have enough wattage with the 750w. Thanks everyone!