Locker or limited slip? Wj upgrade

Matthewv1998

Hello. I have a 04 Wj grand cherokee, Special edition with QTII. Over the weekend i went up to the pinyon mountain trail and i had a blast. So with this i got to learn the limits of my truck and one thing i noticed/knew was that the Dana 30 in the front is open, and it seemed to hinder me quite a bit. I do belive the dana 44a in the rear is limited. So ive been looking at lockers and lsds for the dana 30 in the front? Any suggestions? I only have a 2 inch lift on the truck, im not looking into doing extreme modifications, just something reasonable. 

There is a cable shifter you can use for the front I think, I forget what its called, but I was gunna use it in my YJ.

Other then that, a detroit would be what you need.

ARB's are expensive, plus added stuff (air compressor, air lines)

You dont want 100% locked do you?

They sell something where its like its a welded diff, but its a plate.

People here are not going to know anything about offroading. Your best bet is to go to Pirate4x4 forum and post your question. Or any Jeep forum for that matter, they know lots of stuff.

I know for a fact there is an Ontario Jeep forum, google it, join up, and you will be way better off then the random one or two people in a tech forum that know anything about jeeps/offroading/lockers/lift kits/wheels.

Dana 44 is a good unit, its a little weaker then a non C-clip Ford Exploder 8.8

14 hours ago, yathis said:

There is a cable shifter you can use for the front I think, I forget what its called, but I was gunna use it in my YJ.

Other then that, a detroit would be what you need.

ARB's are expensive, plus added stuff (air compressor, air lines)

You dont want 100% locked do you?

They sell something where its like its a welded diff, but its a plate.

People here are not going to know anything about offroading. Your best bet is to go to Pirate4x4 forum and post your question. Or any Jeep forum for that matter, they know lots of stuff.

I know for a fact there is an Ontario Jeep forum, google it, join up, and you will be way better off then the random one or two people in a tech forum that know anything about jeeps/offroading/lockers/lift kits/wheels.

Dana 44 is a good unit, its a little weaker then a non C-clip Ford Exploder 8.8

Alright. I was looking at Truetrac diffs, they seemed like they would be a good option 

Detroit Truetrac is the way to go.

I think the only downside is dry roads, it clicks when engaged. I cant remember off hand tho.