Corsair H110 w/ i7-6700k Getting Hotter After 6 months?

Hey everyone,

It's been about 6 months since I put together my build and I noticed that my CPU seems to be getting hotter than it used to be. If I remember right, it used to peak at around 50C and now it's almost to 60C after gaming for a while. Is this something to worry about? Although I have a dust filter, it appears that some dust has been gathering on the front of the radiator but it's not too bad. Maybe this is responsible for the higher temps? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

Hey everyone,

It's been about 6 months since I put together my build and I noticed that my CPU seems to be getting hotter than it used to be. If I remember right, it used to peak at around 50C and now it's almost to 60C after gaming for a while. Is this something to worry about? Although I have a dust filter, it appears that some dust has been gathering on the front of the radiator but it's not too bad. Maybe this is responsible for the higher temps? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Could be a couple of things, but the bottom line is that your temps are still more than fine.

It's that time of the year when ambient temps are starting to rise again.  As ambient temps increase, expect CPU temps to increase almost proportionately.  Combine this with possible influence from the dust you mentioned.  Your thermal paste may need to be reapplied depending on the quality of whatever you used.

Like I said, you're still fine at your current temps so there's probably no real rush to fix any of this stuff.