OnePlus 3T Phone help

alexc026

My OnePlus 3T recently experienced some problems

My phone was at 65% battery and it randomly turned off I have no clue why and the phone was at 65% so it did not die because it ran out of battery

I tried turning it on with the power button and it would freeze after the OnePlus logo powered by android screen and then it would restart

It did this 5 times on the sixth time it finally booted up into android

Me being stupid thought it was a glitch and might be a good idea to restart it to try and fix it

this didnt work

My phone keeps freezing crashing and restarting after the OnePlus logo powered by android screen and i cant get it to boot into android

OnePlus support told me that they believe that it is an OS issue and that I need my OS flashed by their remote tech support

the problem is I want to backup my pictures and files becasue flashing the OS will delete all my files but I cant do that because my PC wont recognize the phone because it wont power on

Is there any way to fix my phone without deleting my data or flashing the OS and if there isnt is there a way to connect to my phone and get the data off of it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

not really, if you want to save your phone, it seems like you need to wipe it.

maybe try booting into safe mode if you can get into the recovery menu? (hold volume down and power button when turning on.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

plug it in to a charger and press and hold the on+home button at the same time (keep holding until after something happens when the logo appears)

also, arent ur pictures backed to a google drive or something?

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

maybe try booting into safe mode if you can get into the recovery menu? (hold volume down and power button when turning on.)

the recovery menu has no option to boot into safe mode

11 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

plug it in to a charger and press and hold the on+home button at the same time (keep holding until after something happens when the logo appears)

also, arent ur pictures backed to a google drive or something?

pressing the home button does nothing because it is not a button it is touch sensitive when the phone is on and it is a fingerprint sensor

my phone is backed up to my google account but it does not have my contacts backed up (i have a lot of contacts) and my phone stopped working while I was on vacation taking pictures and i did not have mobile data turned on for google photos so my vacation photos were not backed up

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

you might be able to do something from there?

cant do anything from here installing from a usb would flash the OS and delete all my files

i cant boot into android or safe mode

i cant do anything from recovery mode

22 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

just got done my remote session with OnePlus tech support

they flashed the OS and it did absolutely nothing

do you think if I wipe my device it will fix the issue or do you think it won't work?

48 minutes ago, alexc026 said:

just got done my remote session with OnePlus tech support

they flashed the OS and it did absolutely nothing

do you think if I wipe my device it will fix the issue or do you think it won't work?

maybe.

It's worth a shot before you throw away your phone at least.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4