Wait for RX580 and Gtx 1060ti

I really wanted to upgrade my Gtx 660ti to something that can play 1080p games for next 2 or so years.

I have been doing research about amd rx480 and gtx 1060 , and looking what is more future ready than each other. 

And recently there have been some rumors about 1060ti and rx580 , so what are the advantage i am going to get if i decide to wait ? and also I am really confused with two options of nvidia and amd .

Honestly doubt that there'll be a GTX 1060Ti. The RX 480 and GTX 1060 6GB are more or less on par with each other when it comes to performance.

The RX 580 is basically a RX 480 with a small clock increase with nothing else noteworthy. Take that as you will.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I don't know if there will be GTX 1060ti but there will be or already are GTX 1060 with upgraded VRAM clocked to 9GHz from previously 8GHz, same with GTX 1080.

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

what options are you confused about?

I have been Nvidia user for last 5 years , but I have high faith in AMD with its new architecture but AMD has a bad reputation in terms of long term driver support and game optimization . 

In the other hand i am getting more vram for same price with amd .

from what I understand the RX580 is exactly the same as an OC'd RX480... nothing new about it at all... so wait for the 480 to drop in price when the 580 comes out and buy that.

derp

Just now, Linksys120n said:

from what I understand the RX580 is exactly the same as an OC'd RX480... nothing new about it at all... so wait for the 480 to drop in price when the 580 comes out and buy that.

Thanks , 

from the reviews i have seen , XFX  GTR 480 [boost :1338]  its already clocked at same as leaked 580 boost clock [1340] .

Do you think there will be more third party overclocked card for 580 that will be clocked higher than that ?

3 minutes ago, rajnaimesh007 said:

Thanks , 

from the reviews i have seen , XFX  GTR 480 [boost :1338]  its already clocked at same as leaked 580 boost clock [1340] .

Do you think there will be more third party overclocked card for 580 that will be clocked higher than that ?

factory overclocks are weaksauce just do it yourself for an extra 100mhz or so... don't push it to its limit just give it a little shove lol

derp