Best way to transport gaming PC

So, I'm going to be flying across the country to come home from college and I want to bring my Gaming PC with me home. Trouble is, it's a fairly big computer, it's in a Fractal Define R4. What would you guys reccomend for getting a computer that big home over the plane? Would shipping it be the best option, or is there some kind of carry-on case that I could use to take it on the plane safely? It would need to be small enough to fit in an overhead bin I suppose, otherwise I would have to check it and that would be pretty dangerous for it. I suppose I could also unbuild it and pack the hard drive, graphics card, and other breakables in my suitcase, but that seems dangerous as well, and I don't know if I have the proper anti-static stuff to do so.

Get it a plane seat1 /s 

Seriously though, UPS Insured up to the value of the computer.

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

Do you still have the box that came with case? If so, you that. Also make sure to take out GPU, HDDs and air coolers (AIOs should be ok). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

In the box the case came in. Pack the inside of the case with bubble wrap so if things do get jarred loose, they don't fall and damage other components inside.

Basically pack it like NCIX does.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

Why would you needed to take out the GPU, HDDs, and air coolers?

HDDs can get damaged from vibrations, GPUs and large air coolers could get pulled out if the mount breaks. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Okay, sounds like I should at the very least remove the Graphics card, remove the mechanical HDD (I can leave my SSd boot drive in there) and remove my Hyper 212 evo cooler(which will be a pain because I definitely had issues installing it the first time) Then I should bubble wrap the insides of the computer and ship it in a box with styrofoam to protect it. I don't have the original box here unfortunately, but I could probably manage to get a box of similar size. Or if I really need to... ship the original box here to ship it back with the computer inside. Anything I am missing here? Is this a better idea than trying to take it on the plane?

I moved from Ottawa to Vancouver last year, and was able successfully ship my PC to my apartment.  Here's what I did:

Kept all my original boxes WITH foams pads.

Removed anything that could potentially flex the motherboard (CPU Cooler, GPU) and packaged them in their boxes.

Packed the barebones PC in the case's original box

Wrapped a shit ton of packing tape to ensure the boxes wouldn't break open.

For extra security, I removed the SSD and HDD and brought them with me in the plane.  That way, I still had my data with me in case the PC got lost, destroyed or stolen.

Shipped with UPS and paid extra for insurance (although I didn't use it).  Altogether costed me around $150.

I think the most important point is to ensure you have the original packaging that came with your components.  They're engineered to withstand long distance shipment via air and truck.  If you don't have the orignal boxes, you could use regular cardboard boxes and non-conductive bubble wrap -- although that could get pricey when adding to the cost of shipping.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

• 1 month later...

So, just an update. I shipped the computer through UPS and it worked great. Put a crap ton of bubblewrap on the inside, and then UPS packed the rest for me. It was pretty expensive, 150 bucks or so, but it arrived and I'm happy about that!