Moving to the Galaxy S8+

So it's been a while since I put my 'two-pence' in with regard to smartphones, and being a hard-core Samsung fan, I can't let too much time pass without making a post, so here-goes, my impressions of the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.

Note that this isn't a full review, I'll be posting my full review and impressions as soon as I have collected mine on the 20th April from my local phone shop.

Samsung

It's been somewhat a long road for Samsung over the past year, firstly, the Galaxy S7/E were amazing phones for 2016 (some may argue, the best). But it hasn't been an easy ride from there, they've lost some consumer trust with the whole Note 7 issue, not to mention some obvious profit loss that would've caused.

The question is, how badly is it really affecting them? Galaxy S8/+ pre-orders are currently through the roof and it hasn't even hit the deadline yet (that's on the 18th). That's seriously impressive, we'll talk a little more about why this might be the case in my following points, but its worth noting that Samsung is making a massive come-back with these handsets.

New Technologies

Needless to say that even during the storm of the Note 7, Samsung still haven't stopped pioneering, coming right out of the (now settling) dust is the 10nm commercially-available Exynos 8895V/M and also the Snapdragon 835 (which is co-engineered by Samsung and Qualcomm of course), these chips boast some serious performance increases which will be powering the next generation of smartphones throughout 2017 and I would expect they'll need it given the displays and resolutions manufacturers are pushing these phones to. Speaking of display, have you seen that Infinity display? You really need to, like right now, it's the single most beautiful smartphone display out there, hands-down, nothing even comes close apart from the Galaxy S7 which is still surpasses by a landslide.

Samsung-Galaxy-S8-press-render-evleaks-01.jpg.48b66cbccd321f327698e8cc80b26441.jpg

Credit: PhoneArena

The edge-to-edge and nearly top-to-bottom screen real-estate is simply stunning, they've even invented a whole new aspect ratio just for the occasion (18.5:9), now this does cause some cropping in standard 16:9 content but this can all be tweaked using software built-into the phone, it's a display you really have to see with your own eyes before judging it.

Verdict

Samsung are obviously going all-out on this device and I can't wait to get my hands on the Plus, I'll be posting my full review of it right here on LTT so keep your eyes-peeled.

Jordan Bell

Forensic Cybersecurity Analyst (6YR Experience)

GSN Global (GSN UK)

--------------------------------

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.