Phone accelerometers can give away your password

VVoltor
38 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Banking apps randomize the layout of keys to press so that makes that approach impractical !

That could be useful for passwords for social media and so on, but that accuracy you guess might be overestimated due to a lot of variations. Whether you have a huge phone or not, which keyboard layout you have (actually being french might fuck part of their system up since we have azerty keyboard and not qwerty). You have to take into account how people take their phones (one hand or two), if they are left handed or not, and so on. That creates a lot of variety which could help fool their algorithm.

My banking app (Barclays) doesn't change the layout.

As stated in the article, the app need to learn how someone uses their phone, exactly for the reasons mentioned by you. Given enough time and by combining user data that wouldn't be a problem in many instances.

Although I don't think this will ever become a very popular hacking method, it shouldn't be possible in the first place for websites to access the sensor data without permission.

Many people may have fingerprint recognition, or long, hard to guess passwords. But with a large enough target base even a 1% success rate would be significant.

Does you mum know you're here?

On 4/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, Zando Bob said:

6 digit code for me. I've got Touch ID, so I don't have to actually type it in that much. 

Agree! What do they need that info for?

I have 8 digit code.

Why has nobody complained yet about half of the quotes being invisible for night theme users?

Pls fix

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

5 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Why has nobody complained yet about half of the quotes being invisible for night theme users?

Pls fix

maybe every one knows about it, just got sick of telling ppl when you can highlight it to see the text.