RYZEN 7 OpenGL Performance boost

So, I was thinking about boosting OpenGL programs performace on ryzen, by overclocking only one of the cores, because OpenGL uses heavily only 1st core anyway, It would be awesome if someone could test it. I plan on getting 1700x but I play a lot of csgo, where every fps matter and ryzen isnt doing that great. I dont even know if thermally it would make any difference clocking one core higher(neither do I know if its even possible) what so ever, but it makes sense to me, that if only one core will be clocked higher it is not necessary to increase voltage that much and it could boost OpenGL performace... intel can deliver around 250fps more on csgo than can ryzen, but if this OpenGL thought turns out to be true I'll buy ryzen.
PS: excuse my english, not my native language

Best regards,
ShuppaGail 

4 minutes ago, ShuppaGail The legend said:

Sorry, but couldn't get the purpose/use i.e. what you want to do with the pc ? Render/Game/Both?

-- BSOD : ( --

1 minute ago, Zackbare said:

Sorry, but couldn't get the purpose/use i.e. what you want to do with the pc ? Render/Game/Both?

Well, I want to render videos for my YT, when I get better internet I want to stream, but I also want to play CS:GO, Which as I said uses heavily only 1st core, like all OpenGL and directX apps.

3 minutes ago, ShuppaGail The legend said:

I also want to play CS:GO

competitively? 

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

9 minutes ago, ShuppaGail The legend said:

Well, I want to render videos for my YT, when I get better internet I want to stream, but I also want to play CS:GO, Which as I said uses heavily only 1st core, like all OpenGL and directX apps.

Well, I think sacrificing 10-12 fps for better multi-tasking would be better, and also IMO I'd get better over time, as it (Ryzen) already had some stability updates. 

And you must not be making cs:go play-throughs all life right? The newer games would have better multi-threaded support.

I think Ryzen is a better option for you, if you're not looking to upgrade the pc for next few years. 

4 minutes ago, ShuppaGail The legend said:

Also, the intel would probably drag down the fps of games, if you multitask (assuming you're 1080p gamer), thus making ryzen better choice

2 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

Also, the intel would probably drag down the fps of games, if you multitask (assuming you're 1080p gamer), thus making ryzen better choice

OK, btw its crazy how fast ppl here respond. thx very much. I'll choose ryzen then.

Ryzen isn't going to disadvantage you in CS:GO. You're still going to get ~300FPS at 1080p, and monitors only go up to 240hz.