Case recommendation for e-atx board for my NAS server

cgtechuk

Hi all. 

I've been running a few servers over the years and all has been well but decided on building my own now and in a desktop style tower build as opposed to rack more for noise reduction more than anything else. The case I want has to fit a general criteria though 

Needs to  Support e-atx / ssb form factor

Needs to be able to house 8 to 10 x3.5'' drives

Needs to have a window or tempered glass

Needs to look decent to blend in with desktop pc

I am currently using a fractal r5 which I have modded to the 15 drive trays which is excessive but I'm not sure my eatx board will fit. I really like some of the inwin and nzxt cases but lack of spinning disk support again doesn't help

My desktop machine currently lives in a Corsair 900d which I could reuse as my server and buy a new atx case for it instead so that's also an option. Just seeing what's out there really =)  doesn't need to be new either. 

@cgtechuk

I would look at using the 900d for the server as it has a 9 drives with another 3 if you buy another cage and you still got 5.25 bays if you want even more 

10 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

@cgtechuk

I would look at using the 900d for the server as it has a 9 drives with another 3 if you buy another cage and you still got 5.25 bays if you want even more 

With the 900d what is the max 3.5 drives it could take? I know Corsair sell the backplane and cages separately so I could add some in the bottom section as well as in the windowed section. 

I would try to avoid the 5.25 bays as I don't want the ugly adaptors to show out the front of the case. If that makes sense 

Just now, cgtechuk said:

With the 900d what is the max 3.5 drives it could take? I know Corsair sell the backplane and cages separately so I could add some in the bottom section as well as in the windowed section. 

I would try to avoid the 5.25 bays as I don't want the ugly adaptors to show out the front of the case. If that makes sense 

15 if you use a shorter PSU 13 if you use a longer one 

also you could use THESE in the 5.25 bays

2 hours ago, UMxMarky94 said:

15 if you use a shorter PSU 13 if you use a longer one 

also you could use THESE in the 5.25 bays

Those adaptors aren't too bad actually. The ones I am not a fan of are those 3 in 2 bays and 4 in 3 as they would ruin the look of the front of the case but those internal ones aren't terrible if not a little untidy. Surely there must be a case out there lol. I did see the cooler master one actually but I think I'd struggle to keep it silent. 

On 3/24/2017 at 6:00 PM, cgtechuk said:

Those adaptors aren't too bad actually. The ones I am not a fan of are those 3 in 2 bays and 4 in 3 as they would ruin the look of the front of the case but those internal ones aren't terrible if not a little untidy. Surely there must be a case out there lol. I did see the cooler master one actually but I think I'd struggle to keep it silent. 

yeah they are alright but i have had issue  with them playing nice with the 5.25 tool less designs . if you can take of the tool less bracket and use just screws 

I'm in the same board, and wanna got with caselabs. Either Mercury S8s, or upcoming Bullet BX8 or some tower case.