External to Internal HDD?

Erbyy

Hello my knowledgeable friends, Im building a new pc on a budget and due to limitations i had to scrap buying a new SSD. I however, have 2 external hdd's combined to a total of 2TB of storage. They are both Toshiba 1TB drives spinning at 5400RPM with Sata 3.0GB/s. Would i just be able to remove the USB 3.0 adapter and install them like any other new drive in my system? Will i be able to format them in the windows install upon boot of my new system? Or will they fail to work or be recognized in any way shape or form? Thanks, again. This forum is amazing!

-Erb

3 minutes ago, Erbyy said:

Hello my knowledgeable friends, Im building a new pc on a budget and due to limitations i had to scrap buying a new SSD. I however, have 2 external hdd's combined to a total of 2TB of storage. They are both Toshiba 1TB drives spinning at 5400RPM with Sata 3.0GB/s. Would i just be able to remove the USB 3.0 adapter and install them like any other new drive in my system? Will i be able to format them in the windows install upon boot of my new system? Or will they fail to work or be recognized in any way shape or form? Thanks, again. This forum is amazing!

-Erb

Most cases though so have a rubber hole in the back for USB cables or other cables. Of yours has that, just wire it through.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Although they have the sata and sata power connections? Would i be able to pull the hdd out of my current and place it in my new system to do a fresh install?

Is the drive in an enclosure? 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Is the drive in an enclosure? 

No, both drives removed from the enclosures, both are mountable, both have sata power and data connections available. 

Just now, Erbyy said:

No, both drives removed from the enclosures, both are mountable, both have sata power and data connections available. 

Then they're just internal drives then. They'll work, but they may be slow. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

perfectly fine with it being a little under the gun in terms of my hdd's. Its temporary, ran into limitations, had to make a compromise and the Storage was the only place viable. Appreciate the help!

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

However, they are not formatted to my latest knowing. Will i be able to wipe the partitions on them before i install windows?

Just now, Erbyy said:

However, they are not formatted to my latest knowing. Will i be able to wipe the partitions on them before i install windows?

The Windows Installer has an area where you format and partition your drives. If you need to you can use GParted Live. 

20 minutes ago, Erbyy said:

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz