Would I be able to manually install CyanogenMod without a custom recovery?

TopWargamer

Some of you guys know this, but a few days ago I tried to install ClockworkMod, and then TeamWin Receovery Project. Both said that they installed, but neither would boot into the recovery, so I'm basically done with that.

So let's say I used ROM Manager to install CM to my G2, would I be able to do this even though my recovery is all messed up?

COMIC SANS

don't know how it didn't work, when using ClockWorkMod, go and check which device you chose as the one you would use. I'm very sure you need a custom recovery to do stuff like this.

don't know how it didn't work, when using ClockWorkMod, go and check which device you chose as the one you would use. I'm very sure you need a custom recovery to do stuff like this.

^ Might as well go with his plan. Cyanogen installer is relatively new.

god damn you assassin....

congrats on the 3000!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Some of you guys know this, but a few days ago I tried to install ClockworkMod, and then TeamWin Receovery Project. Both said that they installed, but neither would boot into the recovery, so I'm basically done with that.

So let's say I used ROM Manager to install CM to my G2, would I be able to do this even though my recovery is all messed up?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45924165

Did you follow the steps on the xda-dev forums?

Installing custom roms on a rooted device isn’t that hard, but booting into the recovery manager just to flash a new rom can be a tedious process that can easily be simplified with ClockworkMod’s ROM Mananger, which allows us to flash roms without having to reboot into the recovery ourselves.

If you want to recover the data in your Android phone, just go to http://android-recovery.net/.