Need to clone operating system to new ssd

Dunzaus

Hi, I need to clone my operating system (basicly the whole C drive) from my old Samsung 850 evo 256gb ssd to my new Crucial mx300 525gb ssd and having the new ssd being the boot drive.

Tried using Macrium Reflect Free, but that basicly split he new drive into 2 (1 with the clone drive and the rest of the space into a seperate drive, that I couldn't extend into one drive, in windows disc management), so I used EaseUS Partition Master Free, to wipe it and make it into one drive, so now I am back to square one.

Anyone that got a proper solution?

Why would you want to do that? What will you do with the old SSD?

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Why would you want to do that? What will you do with the old SSD?

Because I'm going to put the older and smaller ssd into my new gaming laptop

Just now, Dunzaus said:

Because I'm going to put the older and smaller ssd into my new gaming laptop

The Samsung SSD is faster and better than the Crucial drive.

Computers r fun

You couldn't use EaseUS to extend the partition?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

The Samsung SSD is faster and better than the Crucial drive.

Dude, please stop... 

Just now, Dunzaus said:

Dude, please stop... 

I have both, and have run the benchmarks. What would you like me to stop with? I also have many sources if you still don't believe me.

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Evo-1TB-vs-Crucial-MX300-1TB/3576vs3645

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1738?vs=1700

Computers r fun

Just now, ARikozuM said:

You couldn't use EaseUS to extend the partition?

Yes it all work out with that issue. But I still need to clone the my windows and whole C Drive to my newe ssd

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I have both, and have run the benchmarks. What would you like me to stop with? I also have many sources if you still don't believe me.

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Evo-1TB-vs-Crucial-MX300-1TB/3576vs3645

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1738?vs=1700

I want  you stop waisting my time. I need to take my older and SMALLER ssd into my laptop by the end on this. So the fact that samsung is sligthy faster doesn't really matter when I want the ssd that is twice as big in my desktop

1 minute ago, Dunzaus said:

Yes it all work out with that issue. But I still need to clone the my windows and whole C Drive to my newe ssd

I would always suggest a fresh install of windows. What version of windows are you dealing with?

Computers r fun

I would always suggest a fresh install of windows. What version of windows are you dealing with?

Dude, comon...

Just now, Dunzaus said:

I want  you stop waisting my time. I need to take my older and SMALLER ssd into my laptop by the end on this. So the fact that samsung is sligthy faster doesn't really matter when I want the ssd that is twice as big in my desktop

I am not wasting you'r time. And If you see it that way, I do not need to spend my time to research, and respond to YOU to help YOU. I am just want you to understand, and make sure there are not any whole in either of our knowledge.

Computers r fun

Just now, Dunzaus said:

Dude, comon...

I am offering you what knowledge and experience I have. If you don't wan't it because its a "Waste of your time" then I will not help you.

Computers r fun

I am not wasting you'r time. And If you see it that way, I do not need to spend my time to research, and respond to YOU to help YOU. I am just want you to understand, and make sure there are not any whole in either of our knowledge.

I need to clone my operating system (basicly the whole C drive) from my old Samsung 850 evo 256gb ssd to my new Crucial mx300 525gb ssd and having the new ssd being the boot drive.

Just now, Dunzaus said:

I need to clone my operating system (basicly the whole C drive) from my old Samsung 850 evo 256gb ssd to my new Crucial mx300 525gb ssd and having the new ssd being the boot drive.

Yes, I understand that.

Computers r fun

21 minutes ago, Dunzaus said:

Hi, I need to clone my operating system (basicly the whole C drive) from my old Samsung 850 evo 256gb ssd to my new Crucial mx300 525gb ssd and having the new ssd being the boot drive.

Tried using Macrium Reflect Free, but that basicly split he new drive into 2 (1 with the clone drive and the rest of the space into a seperate drive, that I couldn't extend into one drive, in windows disc management), so I used EaseUS Partition Master Free, to wipe it and make it into one drive, so now I am back to square one.

Anyone that got a proper solution?

proper solution is clonezilla, download it for free, boot it on a computer with both drives in it, do a disk to disk clone. this copies the drive in "bare metal" fashion.

clonezilla only works if going from smaller drive to bigger drive, but you are doing exactly that, so u will be fine

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Be VERY careful! Ease US permanently corrupted my new SSD when I cloned my OS over from the HDD.

Some cloning software allows you to adjust the partition to the entire disk before you start clone. Try a different one, say AOMEI Backupper. The Standard is free.