Is this psu reliable?

Cantaloupeman

So im thinking of buying a i5 6500 and rx 480 with an asrock motherboard off of newegg. The ram will most likely come from ebay. But the psu i know you cant cheap out on. How cheap is too cheap though? This ones 21$. It says bronze certified though. Is this a decent one? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9SK5AS0210

Not 

At

All

This Logisys 550W Black Beauty ATX power supply generates 550-watts of power for all your computer peripherals! Whether you have the ultimate gaming machine or a number-crunching monster, this power supply is what you need! The Logisys 550W power supply features four Molex connectors and two Serial ATA power connectors! Two fans helps keep things running efficiently. Get yours today!

@Energycore @STRMfrmXMN

Just now, aisle9 said:

I find that Logisys PSUs are best used for covering up other crimes. Hook one up to an FX 9590, crank up Prime95, toss some papers on the floor and walk away.

Hey spec says it's XF ready 

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I find that Logisys PSUs are best used for covering up other crimes. Hook one up to an FX 9590, crank up Prime95, toss some papers on the floor and walk away.

so in other words it's shit? 

Just now, Cantaloupeman said:

shit is way too generous imo

That's definitely too cheap.

Start with this list. I'd say even something as low as Tier 3 is acceptable if your budget requires it.

3 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So im thinking of buying a i5 6500 and rx 480 with an asrock motherboard off of newegg. The ram will most likely come from ebay. But the psu i know you cant cheap out on. How cheap is too cheap though? This ones 21$. It says bronze certified though. Is this a decent one? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9SK5AS0210

dont cheap out on PSU, at the very LEAST, i would recommend this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HN50G3451

a Seasonic S12Ii 430w would be even better

Photography / Finance / Gaming

As an implement of committing arson, it's unmatched. As a power supply, it's great for starting fires.

Don't cheap out on your PSU. Ever. $45-55 will get you a Corsair CXM or a Seasonic S12II/M12II.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Mine worked best when my power went out and our electric stove and microwave became unavailable to me so I put one in a system with a 6950X and quad GTX 480s and let it simmer my ramen away.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Mine worked best when my power went out and our electric stove and microwave became unavailable to me so I put one in a system with a 6950X and quad GTX 480s and let it simmer my ramen away.

haha

would a cheap 25 dollar rosewill work okay or maybe a raidmax? I think i could still shell out 35 bucks for that evga one but id rather not if i dont have to you know? And what is the reccomended power id need in that system with the i5 6500 and the rx 480?

1 minute ago, Cantaloupeman said:

haha

would a cheap 25 dollar rosewill work okay or maybe a raidmax? I think i could still shell out 35 bucks for that evga one but id rather not if i dont have to you know? And what is the reccomended power id need in that system with the i5 6500 and the rx 480?

Get a cheap seasonic 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Get a cheap seasonic 

is that gonna burn down my house or is that pretty reliable?

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

haha

How come you can afford a good CPU and GPU but not a good PSU?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

is that gonna burn down my house or is that pretty reliable?

It's pretty good, some S12II goes as low as 40-50usd. would be way better

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

How come you can afford a good CPU and GPU but not a good PSU?

im buying the i5 for 130$ and the rx 480 for 150 :)

1 minute ago, Cantaloupeman said:

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

im buying the i5 for 130$ and the rx 480 for 150 :)

Again, how come you can spend all this money on these parts but you can't afford a PSU to power them? It's comparable to having an expensive house and car but being unable to afford feeding your family. You need to balance all three.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/4Vzv6h/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii430b

That. That'll do good for cheap.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

or this.

Image result for fire extinguisher  

plz get what i suggested above

alright i can do 35 :) ill just get that

is there a chance that will blow up too? Its evga but im just wondering. I dont want the psu to take my gpu and cpu with it if it goes

alright i can do 35 :) ill just get that

is there a chance that will blow up too? Its evga but im just wondering. I dont want the psu to take my gpu and cpu with it if it goes

STOP buying cheap psu. get a s12 ii 430b for 41 usd

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151074&cm_re=seasonic-_-17-151-074-_-Product

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

someone just reccomended this to me thats why i mentioned it https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HN50G3451

and i understand not to get a cheap one so i will consider yours as well. Im just curious if i should even get something more expensive than that. Is the one you reccomended reliable? Is there a chance it will blow up? Or should i be able to feel confident using it?

someone just reccomended this to me thats why i mentioned it https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HN50G3451

and i understand not to get a cheap one so i will consider yours as well. Im just curious if i should even get something more expensive than that. Is the one you reccomended reliable? Is there a chance it will blow up? Or should i be able to feel confident using it?

@STRMfrmXMN S12II is better than that EVGA W1, he will explain better

@Energycore too