Are these good monitors?

IAR117

Hi. I have a budget of 225 pounds and I'm looking for a 1080p 144hz display. I found this-

Samsung C24FG70

for 280 pounds. It is a little over budget, but is it worth the extra money spent?

Or does anyone have any other recommendations?

Also, I know that my PC can handle it, but then in the same price range I can also get a 1440p 144z freesync panel flat panel for the same price, although I don't know if my PC can handle it. I'll be playing AAA games by the way

Acer 27" XG270HU

Help! Thanks in advance

Just now, huilun02 said:

GPU?

Use case?

R9 Fury X, 4790 non k and 16gb ddr3 and what do you mean by use case?

Your Fury X will be perfectly fine for 1440p ;)

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

what do you mean by use case?

What games do you play, what tasks other than gaming do you do on your computer ect. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

What type of games do you play? What performance do you want to see? Do you need accurate colors for work?

Ok, Rainbow Six Seige, Overwatch, Forza Horizon 3 and some emulators. i'm not a video editor so I don't care too much for accurate colours. I'd like to have the full 144hz experience

Ok I just looked up the Samsung C24FG70 and for £280, go for it.

It may be 24" VA but is a quantum dot display and that brings it up to par with IPS colors. Excellent deep blacks.

Also it supports Freesync LFC, so Freesync stays enabled regardless of framerate or output frequency.

You're more likely to reach high framerates at 1080p as opposed to 1440p, so its all win for you.

Wow. I didn't know it was quantum dot. Have you experienced gaming on a curved display before? I was initially drawn to this panel as it was curved and 144hz. I've heard that it makes games alot more immersive, can you agree with this statement?

I don't agree, though I've never used a curved display before. Unlike IPS, VA and TN panels have the problem of color shifting from different viewing angles. If the panel was flat, the perceived color won't be consistent at the left/right extremities of the screen. So it being curved can be taken as a form of compensation for that drawback. Although there are IPS displays that are also curved.

Ok thanks. I'll get it as sonn as I can. Thanks for all the replies:)