Racing Esport?

After never before considering the idea, I've decided to get into (watching) esports. The thing is that there's plenty of stuff for CS:GO and LoL and such. I don't care much for these, to be honest.

I would rather watch competitive car sim racing, because that's more up my street.

Where can I get info on live races and where can I watch them?

I don't think theres a big market for these considering you can just watch actual pepole race

My life

I would just look on twitch. I don't think there is many networks that run competitive racing games. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Stuff like dirt 3, no.

but go to twitch.tv/rocketleague (live now)

I think it's the closest to a racing Esport

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

as far as sim racing, there are leagues that live stream races, practice, qualifying, etc., though they're limited to their respective sites and networks. some leagues even have regular commentators like in real life live TV broadcasts 

iRacing is probably the most popular if you think about sim racing esport. 

there's also GT Sport, which is advertising quite heavily on pushing racing into the esport scene. just check the FIA licenses and GT academy 

14 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Stuff like dirt 3, no.

It has cars. But its closer to NHL, NBA and FIFA than sim racing or even arcade racing. Just iRacing has multiple streams covering leagues over week. I've watched Finnish Trellet.net leagues sometimes (iRacing and some rFactor2).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

There's plenty suprisingly one of my friend just got into an Esports league for Raceroom Experience, Forza also has quite a few leagues and Gran Turismo has GT Academy which is fairly popular in the UK, one person became an actual race car driver from it. 

Whilst the concept is confusing to most it offers an entry into "Motorsport" that most can not afford. I know most fans have a console or PC that they now use for racing sim's and they often like to join leagues to race against friends and fellow racing fans. Even entry level go-karting often costs 20k which will make a good PC and set up for racing. I know some race teams in the BTCC have their own mini teams which they offer support in the form of liveries and logos.

Whilst the concept actually is likely to confuse people it's an exciting view that actual racing drivers use to gain extra knowledge of tracks and interact more with fans. An average season without any damages of mid level Motorsport would cost roughly 100k.

On 18/03/2017 at 8:51 PM, RadiatingLight said:

Stuff like dirt 3, no.

iRacing or for console people there are championships on Froza on Xbox and GT6.

Gran Turismo 6 (GT Sport) seems to be pushing the esport racing scene quite alot.