ryzen 5 1500x

intel i5-7500 vs amd ryzen 5 1500X. i am looking to purely game on the computer and its unlikely that i would be doing and video/audio/photographic editing. what should i do because i am looking to build my first computer and i dont know what to do because they are basically the same price.

this would be my build if i would get the intel i5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sakgoy2001/saved/pTXZLk

i understand that i would have to change things like the motherboard, but i want to know what would the actually performance differences be? should i wait for benchmarks to be released? as i would be making this PC after a couple of months

Wait until after April 11th when they are released and review embargos are lifted to actually do side by side comparison. I am pretty sure they will be comparing it to the 7600k as well as the 7700k in review tests. Wait until this to make a decision. Until then, its pure stupidity to plan around something that you have no clue on. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

• 4 weeks later...

The Ryzen 5 offers better minimum frame-rates and overall better and more consistent frame-times. Its high end FPS is slightly lower than the 7500 but a lot of games still have not updated their games to fully leverage Ryzen CPUs yet.

If you get a Ryzen system now, you will still have a good gaming experience until developers update their games to support it better, at which time it will possibly catch or surpass its i5 counterpart (although by a very small margin most likely).

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I've reassessed which CPUs make sense at each price point so that when my brother decides on a price point I have somewhere to start

What I've found is that i3 and i5 and even the lower end i7s have been almost entirely cannibalised. Everything below £600 is now based on Pentium G4560 (including a build which uses an RX 460 and price matches a PS4 Pro).

I did still use one i5 though. I found for £600 I couldn't use Ryzen (even a 1400) without downgrading elsewhere so I went with the i5 7400. My £700 build uses a 1500X, though, and my £800 - £900 use the 1600. Then £1000 and up use various combinations of 7700(k) and 1700s (and GTX 1070s), so they've got the majority of the mainstream down.

We're in the humorous position right now that dirt cheap value for money builds should be Intel, and the mainstream to higher end (but not top end gaming) should be AMD.