RX470 underperforming

Hi, 

So I upgraded my PC a couple of months ago hoping that I would be able to get good 1080p performance from the new gear but seemly it underperforms in gaming I think it might be the graphics card specs are as follows

-MSI Radeon RX 470 gaming x 4gb

-intel i5-6600 (cooled by hyper 212 Evo)

-G.Skill RipJaws V 2400Mh 16gb ddr4 ram

-windows 10 Pro

-Corsair cx500w bronze power supply

-Gigabyte h110 motherboard 

-Seagate 1tb hard drive

Here is info about the temps and some extra stuff:

https://gyazo.com/58c19b1a1c031205b379a313e7b8510f

https://gyazo.com/220f2339e318b79cd0f5ebdebfd6aab5

https://gyazo.com/0941a34d66c2ae16475c064a8bd2aeb8

https://gyazo.com/e02d9f3408f39dd4e93ae84e0564b9d1

Noticed this after on full low setting I get low fps on overwatch and other titles with constant fps drops

Thanks for reading anything is appreciated if I missed anything ask and I'll edit this and try to provide the information

Edit: after trying some of the suggestions and monitoring hardware through MSI after burner it seems that when I played overwatch I saw my GPU usage fluctuate around 50% but when doing a stress test the GPU manages to hit 100% or at least around that area so that might be the issue

edit: Fixed the problem! It seemed like reinstalling windows did the trick fps is back to normal even fixed an issue of my mouse slowing down felt obligated to post this answer in case anyone has the same problem as I always wish i can find the answer right away when something breaks again thanks for every one who contributed to the thread

it wants me to download software to view pics....... uh uh.

could be a hot cpu

hot gpu

W10 running in background.

other apps running in background.

software conflicts.

any crashes?

Can you try uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling the newest drivers? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

8 minutes ago, LabRat said:

could be a hot cpu

hot gpu

software conflicts.

any crashes?

doesn't ask for me to download anything...

temps are fine

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Can you try uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling the newest drivers? 

I did when installing the newest drivers like I always do

do a cmos reset. reboot into bios and look around and make usual changes ( necessary changes ) save and reboot to desktop. play.

13 minutes ago, LabRat said:

could be a hot cpu

hot gpu

software conflicts.

any crashes?

no crashes

not sure how to check software conflicts though

check whats using the most amount of CPU / Ram in task manager

2 hours ago, Caporegime3 said:

Hi, 

So I upgraded my PC a couple of months ago hoping that I would be able to get good 1080p performance from the new gear but seemly it underperforms in gaming I think it might be the graphics card specs are as follows

-MSI Radeon RX 470 gaming x 4gb

-intel i5-6600 (cooled by hyper 212 Evo)

-G.Skill RipJaws V 2400Mh 16gb ddr4 ram

-windows 10 Pro

-Corsair 500w bronze power supply

-Gigabyte h110 motherboard 

-Seagate 1tb hard drive

Here is info about the temps and some extra stuff:

https://gyazo.com/58c19b1a1c031205b379a313e7b8510f

https://gyazo.com/220f2339e318b79cd0f5ebdebfd6aab5

https://gyazo.com/0941a34d66c2ae16475c064a8bd2aeb8

https://gyazo.com/e02d9f3408f39dd4e93ae84e0564b9d1

Noticed this after on full low setting I get low fps on overwatch and other titles with constant fps drops

Thanks for reading anything is appreciated if I missed anything ask and I'll edit this and try to provide the information

So your GPU clock seems slightly low, you should be able to get into the mid 1300's easy.

Also, what's being read as "temperature 4"? Because whatever it is is really hot

Your CPU usage seems quite high, but most important is RAM, which you're maxing. What on earth is running in the background to run out of RAM? Also your RAM is running at like 1067MHz, which is not at all right.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

17 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

So your GPU clock seems slightly low, you should be able to get into the mid 1300's easy.

Also, what's being read as "temperature 4"? Because whatever it is is really hot

Your CPU usage seems quite high, but most important is RAM, which you're maxing. What on earth is running in the background to run out of RAM? Also your RAM is running at like 1067MHz, which is not at all right.

I took the picture after doing a stress test to see whether temps was a problem or not, for the ram I changed the ram profile in the bios to relax OC before I reset cmos battery after advice from this thread if that helps with anything 

Just now, Caporegime3 said:

I took the picture after doing a stress test to see whether temps was a problem or not, for the ram I changed the ram profile in the bios to relax OC before I reset cmos battery after advice from this thread if that helps with anything 

Oh I see, that makes sense. RAM that slow will definitely make a difference, but you probably know that already. Beyond that, clearing CMOS and checking usage is all I can suggest.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Just now, Rangaman42 said:

Oh I see, that makes sense. RAM that slow will definitely make a difference, but you probably know that already. Beyond that, clearing CMOS and checking usage is all I can suggest.

following LabRat's advice it seems to have made initial improvements but going to play to test it a little more thanks again everyone

48 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

it's 2133 ram.. or set to run there.

OP, would have been nice to read about the over clock. cmos reset would help to diagnose.

never mind. I see you did the cmos thing.

keep playing. see if anything else comes up.

13 hours ago, LabRat said:

OP, would have been nice to read about the over clock. cmos reset would help to diagnose.

ya forgot to mention that 2400 is the oc speed but the default value is 2133 but even in relax oc mode memeory still stated around 2133 maybe it is because of the h110 board not having an oc chipset sorry I did not mention that sooneer but after resetting bios and more testing around with it the problem it doesn't seem to be fixed barely get over 100 fps with constant drops on full low settings with a smaller resolution on overwatch  and a game h1z1 same thing full low settings drops constantly around 30-40 while friends with lesser computers then mine even a gaming laptop pushed a constant 60 in that game on higher settings then my rig but a game like csgo I can run around 200fps constant mostly and that game is more CPU intensive leading me to believe that the graphics card might have something to do with it after double checking power options and resetting the CMOS and people said my temps are fine I still have no clue what this issue could be could it be with the actual card it self-being faulty in some way maybe. If you need more info let me know thank you again

26 minutes ago, Caporegime3 said:

ya forgot to mention that 2400 is the oc speed but the default value is 2133 but even in relax oc mode memeory still stated around 2133 maybe it is because of the h110 board not having an oc chipset sorry I did not mention that sooneer but after resetting bios and more testing around with it the problem it doesn't seem to be fixed barely get over 100 fps with constant drops on full low settings with a smaller resolution on overwatch  and a game h1z1 same thing full low settings drops constantly around 30-40 while friends with lesser computers then mine even a gaming laptop pushed a constant 60 in that game on higher settings then my rig but a game like csgo I can run around 200fps constant mostly and that game is more CPU intensive leading me to believe that the graphics card might have something to do with it after double checking power options and resetting the CMOS and people said my temps are fine I still have no clue what this issue could be could it be with the actual card it self-being faulty in some way maybe. If you need more info let me know thank you again

15 hours ago, LabRat said:

also just found out no matter if i put the settings high or low it stays around the same fps