Updated GPU, looking for pointers

So, I've been using CPU + GPU for folding with my FX-8320 and a Radeon HD 8750.  I just upgraded to an RX 480, and seriously tripled my PPD.  I've been doing 6 cores on CPU, but after reading through this topic a little bit, I'm wondering if that's hurting my PPD, or helping it?  I pretty much let it run full power while I'm not gaming, and pause it when I am (though even if I forget to pause it, I notice little to no performance loss in game).  Just curious if anyone has any input to maximize the output for the 20 hrs/day that it's folding, I guess.

Also, hoping to break into that top 1000 folders list for LTT soon!

You're not hurting PPD by using your CPU along with the GPU. In fact, you are just increasing it, even if only by a tiny margin (CPUs don't generate nearly as many points).

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

You are good.  That is an eight core CPU.  As long as there is a core for the OS and a core per GPU, the CPU can fold along.

Plus, the new A7 CPU WUs give out some nice points.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU